I think I'm going to Cry!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 04:53 PM
1st Gear Member
Exclamation I think I'm going to Cry!

I went for another drive in my car and after abit i realized it was getting hotter than normal, so I pull over and check the fan, which was not on, so I had to very quickly run a wire and switch setup, the temp i can now control, but the car seems to studder sometimes during accel Now the temp got close to the red section on the gauge, but not so much to make me worry....... She starts alil ruugh now almost like a drag car, low rmp hump folled by a high hump, then low then high, then normal. The sound of all working parts is some what soothing, I can seem to hear any mechanical damage but something aint right.... HELP!

Old 04-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Overdrive Member

GOnna need to know a little more about your car. We got the 93 from your avatar but what engine. 3.4 and LT1 act differently and have different methods of repair.

Massey

Old 04-26-2013, 06:27 PM
1st Gear Member

4.3l auto

Old 04-26-2013, 06:49 PM
2nd Gear member

hmmmm, im not entirely sure, so wait for more opinions. but when i had that same problem in my ford probe gts, it turned out to be the piston rings were gone. but that also created A LOT of exhaust smoke. so thats why i dont think it would be that too.

i did have the same slight problem where it idled rough at the start then leveled out though. I have a 3.4l auto as well. I never thought much of it and it just went away one day which just so happened to be after I changed the spark plugs and wires. Not saying that would do it either, thats just when i noticed my rough idle went away.

a few people that are very knowledgeable should pick up on this post soon and be able to answer like this was a yes or no question. haha.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:50 PM
1st Gear Member

When I bought the car a month ago, I replaced the sparks and wires, oil and filter. I ran smooth up until it got hot on me. When I say hot I mean more than normal, the car never shutoff, or overheated or anything of that nature. I asked a friend and he said that igntion coils are effected by hi-temps so maybe it could be electrical, because like i previously stated the motor seems to be sound it just gets a hick-up every once and awhile...

Old 04-27-2013, 01:12 AM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sicilian
4.3l auto
What?!?! I want a 4.3 . seriously though you didn't have any problem s until it over heated? Just because it didn't get to the red line doesn't mean damage wasn't done. "Close to the red line" is overheated to me. 250 degrees is way to much for that block. Is the engine light on?

Last edited by slick's camaro; 04-27-2013 at 01:14 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:46 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

if it got hot you may have fried one or more of your new wires. better have a look and see if any are toasted.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:10 AM
1st Gear Member

It dosent appear that the wires are physically fried, but I tried to pull the number one wire off and it broke, then the next one so i stoped and in the process i broke my dipstick in the tube and now i don't know what to do..... It seems all is failing... My fan went out it got hot and now everything else is just going wack, but it still drives just studders abit, i have to replace the wires and hopefully that solves this issue!

Old 04-27-2013, 10:20 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Don't know how you were doing it, but when removing the plug wires, you want to grab them by the boot. Yank them off by the wires, and don't be surprised if the wire and end go their separate ways.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Yah i kinda goofed cause i got frustrated, so i'm getting new wires, but upon futher inspection the coolant temp sending unit was metled! So what in the hell does that mean?