I need help with my 99 3.8 5 spd

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 10:22 PM
Default I need help with my 99 3.8 5 spd

My pride and joy. This car has a unique some what tragic sweet resurrection story. I worked for a fencing company in my area. My work order was a service call. I went to the service call and behold what do I see outside but this beautiful Camaro. Thank fully the Camaro was on a donut or I would have never thought to ask if it was for sale or not. I knocked and spoke with a kind lady who ran a dog adoption center who saved many dogs that where abandoned during the hurricanes. After performing my job. I couldn't help but ask about this camaro I couldn't take my eyes off of. I seized the moment and starting speaking on how nice of a car it was that needed alittle tlc. How much I loved Camaros all years. I can see tears swell up in her eyes as she began to tell me the history of the car. She said her son had owned it he was in the army and had did two tours over seas. She said that he had came home and worked as a electrician. A unfortunate accident happen and took the life of her honorable son. She said the she had kept the car for years drove it every now and again till her son's friend asked to buy it from her. He promised to pay so much for it over a period of time. He drove off with it. Well the man did not fill his end of the bargin and Ultimately the car was reported stolen. Apparently the car was dropped off the morning that I came on a roll off. How's that for fate right. I asked if I could look at it out of curiosity and because I wanted to buy This car and my dreams were being crushed with the thought of any damaged that could of been done to a stolen car. But it was fairly clean motor inside was clean the interior was good material wise but had seen a cup of coffee go flying in the air and on the passenger floor board under the seat and the back seat. I asked her how much she wanted for it she said idk I said I can give you 1000 right now. Well needless to say months later and persistence and I eventually buying that car for 800 dollars. I started it up and it was hesitant and ran pretty Erie at first but it caught I gave it alittle gas and it roar I steady idle through some rpms and ultimately took it for a test drive after New gas and injector treatment. I had about 20 miles from buying spot to my drive way. So off I went it had a miss in it and was rather hesitant when you jumped on the acceleration. But she made it home. Where she got spark plugs which btw if ur a Camaro guy and know v6 3800 series 2 motors spark plugs and wires are pretty interesting. She also got pcv replaced fuel filter replaced all 3 coil packs and a battery. Now if you have made it this far thanks for actually taking the time to read this. Here's my issue now I live in Pennsylvania I dont necessarily have 300 dollars to buy a obd2 reader with live data to pin point my current issue and apparently none of my friends are Mechanically incline because when I asked most said what's that. SMH. So I have a P0302 P0174 P0175 codes being thrown with my mechanical knowledge and as much research as I could do concludes that it can be a few things causen this issue so now when I step on the accelerator it feels like it's being choke out it's not a studder it's just ither being flooded or smothered . So my Camaro enthusiastic if there anyone that lives in pa with a obd2 reader that shows live data that wouldn't mind helping me would be awesome or even if someone may have experience this issue and has some useful knowledge I would appreciate that very much btw it has 115k on dash. If anything here is my baby that hopefully when the motor has been laid to rest will house a 5.7 Police intercepter with the works and enjoyment that comes with such a project. Thanks Camaro enthuisit

Old 02-17-2018, 12:07 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

test your fuel pressure.