How Do I Add...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Ninja Administrator
Default RE: How Do I Add...

ORIGINAL: lilwill

ok dude if its not an rs..what is it. my point exactly its got to be an rs. and ya il probably start with a muffler. got any specific mufflers? personally i was thinking a y mufflers that stick out of the side right before the back tires, hey its just an idea. ohh and what chip do i get?
there was the camaro, which is a 3.8 v6 (not sure when the 3.4 stopped beying made. then there was the RS package. in new cars the RS package was a v6 upgrade, where back in the day the rs was a v8. I dont know when the RS was made (apparently in 96 for 4th gens) so if u have the v6 its just an introductory camaro, not the RS (which i believe is the Y87 package.... but could be wrong). if you have a z28 then you have the lt1 v8. either way, you want to do basic boltons

i agree with spartan... surprisingly [&:]
u guys should lay off. we wont get many new members around here if we just tear the new guys apart whenever they come on. If none of u guys have ever posted a thread about "should I supercharge or TT" then i suppose u can talk some, but everyone says some weird stuff when ur new

to answer ur questions, dont do a "chip", we have discussed this at length in this forum. the new cars do not have removable chips in the pcm, so in order to "chip' it you need to intall an inline module between the pcm and its harness. this is not a good thing. it is unsafe, and a box tune like this wont do really anything for a stock NA car anyways. u would be much better off getting a real tune after u have done some modding. if you want side exhaust, im not sure who makes those for camaros, but they are kinda cool. not real power friendly, for that your best bet would be to get a good dual catback

Old 02-06-2008, 12:34 PM
3rd Gear Member

And if I'm not mistaken the RS package was a standard v6 with the ground effects and rear spoiler. I almost bought one for my wife.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Ninja Administrator

ORIGINAL: LT1RUNNER

And if I'm not mistaken the RS package was a standard v6 with the ground effects and rear spoiler. I almost bought one for my wife.
thats all i thought it was, but there is the y87 package too.... no sure what that all is

Old 02-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Overdrive Member

'95 = 1st year of 3.8, and last year of 3.4
'96 = 1st year of 4th gen RS
Y87 = Limited Slip Differential (G80 Code: 96-98 Auburn, 99-01 Zexel-Torsen)
P235/55R16 Goodyear Eagle Tires
Dual Outlet Exhaust
Sport Steering (14.4:1 ratio, same as V8 Cars)
Four-wheel Disc Brakes (J65 Code)

Lilwill, you may have ground effects, but I'm sorry, it's not an RS.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:25 PM
1st Gear Member

little off topic but spector ur sig cracked me up.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:11 AM
In the Staging Lanes

holy crap guys all i need to know is what type of maro it is (its obviously not an rs now u tell me). and if it dosen have some fancy A$$ name thats cool. i just needed to know what was good options for mufflers and other extra bolt on crap. and what up with the lawnmower crap huh?

Old 02-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Ninja Administrator

ORIGINAL: skylinrcr01

little off topic but spector ur sig cracked me up.

lilwill, do basic boltons. you will not be able to get the "v8 sound" out of ur car, and i think that is what some people have been talking about.

get yourself an intake and some headers, i cant remember what company makes the v6 headers but one of the other guys either has, or will post taht info. then get off road exhaust if you can, or if you have emissions testing get a catted y pipe or true dual as this will affect sound and performance somewhat, but the dual will be a pain in the *** im thinkin.... then look for catbacks. you can do some research, i usually pick this database www.youtube.com they have lots of clips of about everything, its how i figured out how my cam would sound.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:21 AM
In the Staging Lanes

cool. ok headers intake exhaust, got it!

Old 02-11-2008, 07:21 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lilwill
and what up with the lawnmower crap huh?
lol sorry, just rippin on ya a lil bit, haha, but welcome to the camaro world, IMO i would save that money ur spending on all that in upgrades to a v6, nd save up nd get a v8, thats what i did

Old 02-11-2008, 09:06 PM
4th Gear Member

some RS's, if i remember correctly, also cam e with 4 wheel disc brakes, where the bases didnt. i dont think that started till 97 though.