GT Styling Headlight covers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 06:00 AM
1st Gear Member
Default GT Styling Headlight covers?

I'm looking into these head light covers from GT Styling for my LT1. Mine came with some but they were broken.

So are these legal to drive with in california? I'd imagine the smoked isn't, but what about the clear and the carbon?

Found these on ebay for 39.99 but for a piece of plastic that I already have...and not like I can trust if this stuff actually works like they say it does...if anyone has em and wants to sell hit me up. Don't care about the brand long as it snaps on without drilling or gluing.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Is there supposed to be a link in there so we can see what you're talking about? Because I don't see one.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:23 AM
1st Gear Member

ah my bad bro, here's a link:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GTS-GT0110S

"Sunglasses for your vehicle.
GT Styling headlight covers offer stylish and aerodynamic protection for today's expensive headlights. Each application is custom-designed to ensure a perfect fit, while enhancing the looks of your vehicle. Their durable acrylic construction is strong and lightweight, and installation is quick and easy because there are no holes to drill. They're available in clear, smoke, or carbon fiber finishes on select applications."

Old 01-13-2010, 02:20 PM
1st Gear Member

I've got the AutoVentShade brand lids and they're pretty nice, not sure about whether or not they're illegal though, but they do do they're job. The light shines through on my smoke coloured ones pretty clearly.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Ah aright, I'll look into that. Mine are Wade, I dunno if they're broken or what, maybe I just dunno how to put em on. Anyone have one of those? Would appreciate if someone could tell me how to install em.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AmirGTR
Ah aright, I'll look into that. Mine are Wade, I dunno if they're broken or what, maybe I just dunno how to put em on. Anyone have one of those? Would appreciate if someone could tell me how to install em.
Wade?

The GTStyling and AVS blackouts are basically the same from what I understand there's a tab with a hook that goes under your hood and hooks into the side where the black side cover thing is meets your quarter panel then there should be 3 or 4 double sticky adhesive strips, with velcro for easy (yet not too pretty looking) removal on the inside that you stick right onto the car.

Make sure you do a test fitting first though and line everything up how you want it because once you stick those on there it's VERY hard to get the adhesive off and could potentially pull off some paint or damage other things if you're not careful.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:11 PM
1st Gear Member

got ant pics? im looking at some too and would like to see some on an actual car

Old 01-25-2010, 01:08 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Thumbs up '96 clear GTS okay

I have some clear GTS on my '96. The Tennessee DPS officer at the road block didn't appreciate the smoked covers that were on the car when I bought it, but didn't write ticket. I bought clear to replace and liked the look until repair shop broke one. They put new ones on but they flew off a few days later! Now I know why the owner before me had little screws through the lenses into the mounting tabs! I replaced the clear ones, put screws through them, and they have worked fine at highway speeds for the last few months. They do not fit perfectly, but look great at twenty feet. Have to clean them inside, once in a while. Would buy them again.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 96 3.8L Texas
I have some clear GTS on my '96. The Tennessee DPS officer at the road block didn't appreciate the smoked covers that were on the car when I bought it, but didn't write ticket. I bought clear to replace and liked the look until repair shop broke one. They put new ones on but they flew off a few days later! Now I know why the owner before me had little screws through the lenses into the mounting tabs! I replaced the clear ones, put screws through them, and they have worked fine at highway speeds for the last few months. They do not fit perfectly, but look great at twenty feet. Have to clean them inside, once in a while. Would buy them again.
Nice bro, I just got mine. Can you write up a tutorial on what you exactly did that worked out?

Old 01-26-2010, 07:11 AM
Overdrive Member

Once upon a time, I had blackouts all the way around, and I got ticketed for it. Ticket was dismissed after I showed that I removed them though. Having them on the headlights is silly though. The stock headlights suck already without covers on them.

Quick Reply: GT Styling Headlight covers?