Good Exhaust Setup?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: Good Exhaust Setup?

I would still take the Dynatechs over the Hooker Super Comps.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:43 PM
2nd Gear member

The man loves his Dynatechs

Old 02-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Ninja Administrator

I love his dynatechs too [&o]

seriously though, Spartan u really should listen. usually u pay for a name and a product. some times you pay more for a name (like caddy's) some times u pay more for a product (Benzes!). if u dont want to pay a ton, get the dynatechs. if you are going to spend 7-8 hundred anyways, get those kooks. they are really good headers. I have personally suffered buyers remorse before. u dont want that. nobody wants that []

Old 02-28-2008, 09:50 PM
2nd Gear member

Ahh the dreaded buyers remorse it is terrible.....Yeah Spart like Specter says, you will never regret buying the best quality parts for your car. As they say: Do it once, do it right.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Ninja Administrator

basically, but the other option is the 1/2 price dynatechs. do it cheap, be happy that u saved urself lots of monies for basically the same result. dont buy what ur going to buy, learn a little more/accept what slvr tells u, and then regret spending 300 bucks u didnt have to that could have bought u half a cam kit

Old 02-28-2008, 10:09 PM
2nd Gear member

I guess Iknow what brand ofheaders I'm getting....some nice Dynatechs. Ive personallynever heard of em (my 1st LT1 car)-does anyone here actually have these on their car??

Old 02-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Ninja Administrator

from what ive seen, no. but slvr advocates them and personally that would be enough for me. I would recommend pacesetters because thats what i use, but that is also on ls1. They wouldnt have fit any better if i had coated them in butter before sliding them in. but apparently the way they make their LT1 headers is different.personally, if u have a street car, go with dynatech, because the price u save over Kooks can go into another mod which will more than make up for the torque difference. if u have the cash for kooks then by all means, but im a poor college student [&:]

Old 02-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Overdrive Member

M*******, I don't personally have them on my car, but I have seen them personally and they're a quality header. They were shown/recommended to me (this is after I had purchased my Kooks mind you) by Pete, the owner and cheif designer of Dragon Race Engineering (www.dragonrace.com), who specialize in late model chevys only. Needless to say Pete knows his stuff and he recommended them to me, so all I can do is pass on that info to you guys since I already have mine. I can say from my visual inspection their LT1 headers are not as nice as my Kooks, the only benefit is they're coated. The difference in Kooks and Dynatech from what I can tell is really a fit/finish sort of thing. The Kooks have better quality welds and slightly higher quality bends (the Dynatechs have multiple tubes welded together, just like some of the Hookers do, Kooks are all 1 mandrel bent tube). GM High Performance also said that Kooks have the best ground clearance of any LT1 header on the market.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:37 AM
4th Gear Member

ok then dynatech it is! lol. Ill get my CAI first then work on my exhaust.

Old 03-07-2008, 03:14 AM
Banned

Rice can FTW!!!

Quick Reply: Good Exhaust Setup?