Is this a good buy? Or do I keep looking...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 07:56 PM
Question Is this a good buy? Or do I keep looking...

2000 Camaro Rally Sport

I have never owned a sports car before. I own a 2003 Grand Am GT Coupe. It's pretty modded. Main things are the projector headlights, quad exhaust and black painted surround, ram air package that came on the GT's, 35% tint, LED's basically everywhere, painted vent rings and much much more. Anyway I baby my car and just had to shell out $750 for head gaskets in March. My car has 109k miles and is set for College basically with no more needed repairs other than the tranny refill.

Anyway, I want to know if this is a good trade from my car to the Camaro. He wants to trade even and outright because his daughter can't drive stick (neither can I, but I will learn). I don't want a problematic car and my only concern is the mileage and head gaskets in that Camaro. I've always wanted an F body, mainly a Firebird due to my passion for Pontiac. But I just think it is time for a change and I really want something with T-tops and something sportier. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance!

Old 08-31-2012, 08:19 PM
2nd Gear member

I'm partial to the color What I dont get is the "insurance" thing but yet he's looking for another sports car??

Old 08-31-2012, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by budsysmith
I'm partial to the color What I dont get is the "insurance" thing but yet he's looking for another sports car??
I noticed the rear bumper is warped a little in the picture as well so I was going to ask about that if the mileage is fine and it would make a good daily driver for school. The insurance thing made me wonder too because of the very good point you brought up.

Also, has anyone converted a camaro front to the 98-02 firebird front? Fenders, hood, bumper, mirrors... I just wonder about the pop up lights...

Old 08-31-2012, 10:15 PM

If it can be done, I'm sure it's going to cost a lot and is probably not worth it.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroDMen
If it can be done, I'm sure it's going to cost a lot and is probably not worth it.
Yeah. I just actually found a Firebird automatic with 127k on it. I wanted a 5 speed for reliability, but it is closer and he wants to trade even as well. We will wait and see what happens lol.