Finally got my Camaro, needs a lot of work though...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 11:19 PM
Default Finally got my Camaro, needs a lot of work though...

Hey everyone, I finally got my 2000 Camaro v6. 120,000 miles on it. Some history- its been sitting in the garage for 3 years and was only started once. I'm trying to get it into better condition so I can sell it and get a different one.

The body itself seems to be in good condition with minor paint scratches.

First off, do you think I should sell it as it is right now? Or fix it up a little bit to hopefully bring the selling price higher? How much is a reasonable price?

If I should go ahead and fix it, some things needed to be done are....

-Dashboard is cracked
-Speedometer needle is broken
-Passenger window motor barely works
-Right turn signal does not work
-A/C is not cold
-I need a "star" rim for the rear passenger tire. (It has a steele)
-I'm missing my driver's side side skirt. Idk what kind it is...?
-Theres also a weird chattering noise when I rev it in lower RPMS???? ( I will post video of this soon)

The guy before me got engine and tranny work done before keeping it as more of a weekend car.

Speedometer...

Dashboard

Last edited by Camaro326; 02-26-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:54 AM
3rd Gear Member

That depends what is wrong with just fixing it and keeping it yourself? How much did you want to get for it?

Old 02-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Overdrive Member

The right Turn signal is prolly not working due to the bulb being dead. As for the speedo this is not uncommon and you can get the cluster repaired for a reasonable price from a Speedometer rapair shop. The dash is pretty common I believe you can still get them from GM, and maybe Classic Industries. Wheels can be a pain to replace and you have the 5 lug chrome wheels. Check this site out and see if you can find something you like

www.oewheelsllc.com

Massey

Old 02-27-2011, 09:11 AM
1st Gear Member

120,000 mile is not to bad for that year. The things that are needed to not seem that bad. Unless the motor is shot. Great prices on rims Massey, I may order from the site........1SG

Old 02-27-2011, 12:42 PM
3rd Gear Member

The motor more than likely is shot. They go out all the time and can be replaced without too much hassle.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Overdrive Member

Um... I have first hand experienced the 3800 going almost 300K and still going strong.

Massey

Old 02-27-2011, 12:54 PM
3rd Gear Member

200k here

Old 02-27-2011, 05:36 PM

Well I want a v8, I dont really know much much I could get, I'm aiming at around 3500. As for the dashboard, I'm thinking about putting the cover on everyone on the forums talk about. Anyone have pics of their interior with the dashboard cover? (I did search)

The only thing I really need to fix before trying to sell it is the A/C, speedometer, and the turn signal ( so it can pass inspection) If I dont get the amount I'm looking for then Ill try to fix it up more.

I guess I'm mostly wondering if its worth fixing up everything before selling? Will the price be higher a lot higher to where its reasonable fixing? Oh and I'm not paying for anything, the original owner will be, I'm just selling the car for him.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:13 PM
1st Gear Member

So you finally got "your" Camaro, yet the original owner is paying you to fix it, and you're selling it for him? Huh?

Old 02-28-2011, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by martybaker
So you finally got "your" Camaro, yet the original owner is paying you to fix it, and you're selling it for him? Huh?
Sorry I should elaborate, I was originally going to buy the Camaro from the guy, but then I told him I was going to get a v8 anyway, and sell his. He said thats fine, just sell mine and I'll give you 25% of however much you sell it for.

Quick Reply: Finally got my Camaro, needs a lot of work though...