exhust problem need help asap

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 11:16 AM
1st Gear Member

I deffinatly will do i was planning of doing the plugs and the wirst on the first (when i get money) and get my wuffler work fixed cause it is absolutly horrible i would take a pic if that but youll laugh and cry like i did. All i know is i just need this all fixed before my preme son gets out of the hospital and gets sick cause of the car.

But I willl take pics of each plug when i pull them

Old 09-25-2013, 03:02 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

what engine is this?

Old 09-25-2013, 08:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Its a 3.4 land when I stick my finger in the tail pipe (no pun intended) my finger so solid black like I said ill post some pics tommrrow when its sunlight out

Old 09-26-2013, 02:03 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

your 02 sensors are most likely fouled, better take em out and have a look.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Well I just went today and bought the cheap plugs, some cheep wires, and a fuel filter and on october im getting my exhaust redone cause it looks like a crackhead put it on there and hope it helps. but if that doesnt help i found a place that has an obd1 scan tool and its like 25 bucks and se what is exactly wrong and so i can stop playing this guessing game cause im almost at the point of selling the damn car.

I love it but it is becomming a pain in my a$$ and its starting to cost alot of money to get it fixed

Old 09-27-2013, 12:27 AM
1st Gear Member

ohh and as i pull the plugs ill label them and take pics and my exhause so some of yall can get a chuckle out of it

Old 09-27-2013, 10:40 PM
1st Gear Member
Default update with pics

Here is the right side of the exhaust system

That silver patch next to the muffler is some aluminum with screw clamps so i have no clue whats under it

Here is plug #1

Plug #2

Plug #3

Plug #4

on the boot of plug 4 there was black soot that you see on the white part of the plug

plug #5

Plug #6

The top of this plug was melted right under the threads

After changing the plugs the throttle response has improved a whole ton and took out the misfire

Old 09-28-2013, 11:28 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

looks like some of the plugs were not in all the way. plugs do not look happy. #3 is fouled. you need to re do that exhaust, its sending the fumes back under the body and most likely getting into the passenger area. i would start with new plugs, plug wires, new 02 sensors, new air filter, new fuel filter and it would be best to have the injectors cleaned and flow tested.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:08 PM
1st Gear Member

so far i have replace the plugs, im gonna put the new fuel filter on once my father inlaw comes out here with a jack and some wrenches (all i got is a socket set).

The muffler is being fixed on tuesday as thats when we get paid and ill be putting new o2 sensors i found the 2 in the motor compartment just cant find the post cat sensor.

But ill give an update when i get the exhaust work done and maybe i can con the mechanic to put in the fuel filter for me for cheap

Old 09-28-2013, 12:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by craby
it would be best to have the injectors cleaned and flow tested.
how do i do that?

So far i put new wires and plugs, i put fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank and filled it up.

Ill be getting the exhaust fixed on tuesday along with getting new o2 sensors.

and i was gonna ask the guy when he does the exhaust when the car is up in the air if he can put the fuel filter on. I have a new one just dont have a jack or the tools to do it at the moment

Quick Reply: exhust problem need help asap