Driver window not sealing

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 09:20 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by craby
check the rollers and runners to make sure they are all in place and the arms are not bent or damaged.
I have no problem with that stuff the window goes up, but its hitting the brackets. No more can go up.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:30 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

have you looked up in there to make sure the window is in the lower window frame correctly. had my truck frame rust out and one of the rollers came off. the window would be up all the way but would not close. took it apart twice before i noticed the frame was a goner

Old 08-03-2013, 11:44 AM
In the Staging Lanes

have you looked up in there to make sure the window is in the lower window frame correctly. had my truck frame rust out and one of the rollers came off. the window would be up all the way but would not close. took it apart twice before i noticed the frame was a goner
The things in the window dont move any they stop the window from going up anymore. thats why the one is busted off the previous owner must of let it go up to much and busted the fiberglass.

The window has been changed cause they left the roller in the vertical track that broke off when they put another window in. I found that out cause window didn't go down all the way.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:10 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

we need someone with a vert to measure there window when its up to see if yours is going up all the way. if you see one in a parking lot get the tape out and see what its sayin. either the window is not going up all the way, adjusted wrong or the body is somehow not right. im thinking its inside the door, like the regulator being bent or damaged

Old 08-03-2013, 10:08 PM
In the Staging Lanes

we need someone with a vert to measure there window when its up to see if yours is going up all the way. if you see one in a parking lot get the tape out and see what its sayin. either the window is not going up all the way, adjusted wrong or the body is somehow not right. im thinking its inside the door, like the regulator being bent or damaged
The window is up higher then gm sets them. I"ve measured firebird's and camaro's from the junk yard and mine is like a 1/4 to 3/8's higher then the junk yard ones. Its even higher then the passenger side.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:19 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

man, what a puzzle. dang its been to long sence i had my door apart and i cant picture everything. we have a window in motion on here somewhere ill see if i can find it. if the stop is in the front try adjusting the front down. if in back try adjusting back down. need to see if the rest of the window goes up farther. when i changed my regulator on that side luckily i didnt have to adjust. thank god.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:30 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ha i found it at shbox. a little down the page click were it says vido showing regulator in motion. http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html

Old 08-03-2013, 11:00 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ha i found it at shbox. a little down the page click were it says vido showing regulator in motion. Power Window Motor
Theres probably is some kinda damage to the frame or something. I have had this car since march 2013 and could never figure it out, the t-top to the back has bigger gap then the front to the mirror. The part the mirror mount to always seems to leak and it tight on the seal i did a paper test and the paper is tight when I pull it. Right now i got it not to leak really but u see water from the inside between it and weatherstrip.

The lady I bought it from said she bought it from a mechanic that got it from an auction and rebuilt engine and sold it. The engine has like a very lite tap/knock on driver side under 2000rmp after 2000 its gone. Been that way since I bought it but its never got any worser. The title is clean, so no accident evidents there only the front bumper that been repaint if not changed and repainted.