Did something stupid, now I need some help...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 03:02 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: Did something stupid, now I need some help...

dude you got the rarest car i have ever seen now give me the wheels

Old 01-04-2008, 03:43 PM

ORIGINAL: bluovlh8er

dude you got the rarest car i have ever seen now give me the wheels
Haha Really though? Is it that rare? I didn't pay anything extra for it...got it for $4,000 with 100k miles on it. I've had to replace the alternator, valve cover gaskets, some seals here and there (it was leaking oil when I got it), and now the fuel pump, but other than that it's a real gem. That would make it that much cooler I guess if it was something special/rare.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:25 PM
4th Gear Member

yes, it's rare enough to where if you go to advance or autozone, under 95, 3.8s arent even listed, but you cant do 96+ because, 95 is OBD1, where 96 is OBD2. least around here those stores dont have.

i think it's even rarer than the LT4 SSs of 96/97.

deffently keep it, the value of it may not be that much, but thats because people dont know. thats almost exactly same color as mine was too isnt it? and ya, thats a very rare color, i have yet to see it on any but mine and maybe yours is the same.

so... ill give you 1500 for it. now, are your rims like chrome or something? or do you polish them like mad?

Old 01-04-2008, 04:42 PM
4th Gear Member

well 6% of 3.8's were made in 95

and thats the second car ive seen with chrome salad shooter rims since ive been on this site, a camaro site too lol.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:26 PM
In the Staging Lanes

You could go without the hood latch and put on some hood pins. Or an electro-magnet thingy (kidding).

Old 01-04-2008, 06:28 PM
2nd Gear member

Wow, everything about your car seems to turn out unique. Wonder what's next - a one of a kind interior maybe??? [&:]

Old 01-04-2008, 07:03 PM

ORIGINAL: aleksandr

Wow, everything about your car seems to turn out unique. Wonder what's next - a one of a kind interior maybe??? [&:]
Nothing special about the interior AFAIK. Except everything's manual...door locks, windows. Hell the only thing that I'd want to be manual, the tranny, is the one thing that's automatic.[sm=WTFsgign.gif]

The hood pins idea is interesting. I'm gonna look into that.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:05 PM

ORIGINAL: ninetysixyenko

yes, it's rare enough to where if you go to advance or autozone, under 95, 3.8s arent even listed, but you cant do 96+ because, 95 is OBD1, where 96 is OBD2. least around here those stores dont have.

i think it's even rarer than the LT4 SSs of 96/97.

deffently keep it, the value of it may not be that much, but thats because people dont know. thats almost exactly same color as mine was too isnt it? and ya, thats a very rare color, i have yet to see it on any but mine and maybe yours is the same.

so... ill give you 1500 for it. now, are your rims like chrome or something? or do you polish them like mad?
I don't think they're chrome, because there are areas where there's some flaking. Didn't polish them or anything, I guess the local car wash just does a good job on the wheels

Jeez guys, I miss my car I just want to get her fixed and drive her again. It's so sad to just see her sitting in the driveway. I've never been much of a "car guy" per se, and this is the first one I've had that I truly love. It's painful not to be able to drive it.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:13 PM
4th Gear Member

chrome rims will flake if they are clear-coated.. or a dog pees on them.... my dad had that happen with a set of like 2500 dollar cragers, nice nice set, 16x8 amd 17x11 for his 2.8.. dog peed on them and they're all blotchy, from flaking off. this was a good 10years ago lol.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:23 PM
1st Gear Member

hahaha dog peed on them that sucks

Quick Reply: Did something stupid, now I need some help...