a couple of problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 12:09 AM
1st Gear Member
Default a couple of problem

okay my 95 \z28 starts all the time but somtimes it takes a long time to start. if i have just drove it and then i go back to start it within meybe an hour it usualy starts up good but if its a new day or several hours it 6akes forever to start.
where are the spark plugs located? the guy says that the car had a tune up so i dont think itd need plugs?!
what about fuel injection cleaner? would that work?

My drivers side power window will go up and down when it feels like it! and the passanger window kisnt far from the same thing! how do i replace that? i found the motors on ebay, but how do i get the old one out and the new one in?

any gm dealer can get me a new key right? is it the only place? ( I need the security light to shut off!!!)

how is everyone ac? mine either realy sucks *** or it needs a charge or somthing. i figured since this is a sports car that the ac wouldnt be great since it robs a deal of power when in use! i have receipts sayin he spen 1,000 on a new compressor for it.

o yea and my exhaust i think its just a muffler! wouldnt there be two pipes coming down to two seprate mufflers?! mine is like one pipe into a big muffler with two fat pipes on the mufler! (can post pics if needed)
heres my z whats ya think
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/18809055020.jpg&s=f10

well if any one can help me with any or all qs would be great!

Old 07-17-2006, 02:15 AM
Tech Droid
Default RE: a couple of problem

Try this trick before you hit the starter. Turn the ignition key to the ON position for a few seconds & then turn it to OFF. Do this in succession several times. This will force the fuel pump to prime the system, and the engine should now start right up when you hit the starter. I suspect you may have an internal fuel leak and the FI system is loosing pressure. Could be a leaky injector, bad check valve on the fuel pump, or a bad pressure regulator. You will need a FI pressure gauge to isolate the problem. Also, it may be a good idea to change the fuel filter if it hasen't been done during the previous 20K miles