Is a Camaro Ignition Key In Danger of problems if in front jeans pocket & slept in?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 07:01 PM
1st Gear Member

...what do you mean silver keys? The door key and the ignition key are both silver colored, almost all keys are made from the same metals.

It's always extremely difficult for me (or apparently most of us here, judging on the responses we all seem to give) to understand any of your messages. Maybe try to focus more on the issue then the story. That's usually my problem, I tend to ramble.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:15 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Thefoodman52
...what do you mean silver keys? The door key and the ignition key are both silver colored, almost all keys are made from the same metals.

It's always extremely difficult for me (or apparently most of us here, judging on the responses we all seem to give) to understand any of your messages. Maybe try to focus more on the issue then the story. That's usually my problem, I tend to ramble.
\

the last message u gave was a complete ramble of mechanical jargon dude....maybe u should assume not every one here is a mechanic or intends to be one. it was even bragging on how cheap u got everything. not very helpful to many here.... some of whom are not so well-versed in mechanics or not anymore like they used to be due to health problems

Old 02-27-2017, 10:19 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Thefoodman52

pretty obvious fatman22 what i meant by silver keys--ALL SILVER. the camaro keys like many car keys have a dark plastic type or rubber end to them and the rest is silver....when i wrote silver its obvious it's silver from top thru the bottom. have I been clear enuf 4 u? no need to reply.

Last edited by CamBigCat; 02-27-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:12 PM
4th Gear Member

Example hear i think what people thought is the whole key was grey the key on the left is the bent key on right grey valet or silver ,a key that is dropped or bent is the only key you may not want to put back in the ignition though we drop our keys all the time there pretty tough.dont know how that one got bent came with the car that way ,i have one from my caddy came with 3 keys 2 regular keys they are all chipped ,the 3rd is valet key an is grey not black one of the 2 black keys bent see pic that is clearly not going in the ignition an i wont try so i use the valet key mostly ,an the other one works too ,but as long as a key is clearly not bent ,should be fine,no matter where they spent the night pocket freezer so on,heck you could lose or misplace your keys anywhere as long as its not bent cracked or something wrong with the chip there fine mud hole you name it my keys have been in some wierd places

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 02-27-2017 at 12:41 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:23 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

my spare trunk and door lock key is silver all the way. no plastic. the origial trunk/door has the black plastic on it.

Old 02-28-2017, 12:19 PM
4th Gear Member

ok now i understand yup all metal keys some had no chip for like the trunk key ,or on older cars too for ignition were not chipped were just plain metal,,but yes i fell to sleep many times with keys in my pocket no problems

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 02-28-2017 at 12:24 PM.