Baby has an attitude!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 04:47 PM
Ninja Administrator

Originally Posted by mymaro4
everything you said to address my ? was off point and wrong, all of what yout think happened, maybe your thinking of another thread
u addressed my point twice. dont get snide w me. I asked a question and then gave some answers all u have done is get butthurt.

im too used to hearing arbitrary power figures thrown out on the web, so I wanted to see some validation of this 500hp build

and ANY water is cold water when comparing it to a running engine. the drastic temp drop can be very bad for an engine. Even an exhaust manifold leak at the flange can suck cold(er) air in and warp valves, so imagine what cold(er) water could do with its higher thermal conductivity. its a valid point worth considering. even if it didnt die it could still cause internal damage. just stop being so pissy about someone asking u to back up a claim. its a car forum, so any claim of a 500 hp build is going to generate some interest. u dont want questions about the build then take it to a scrap booking forum

Old 08-27-2010, 11:30 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by SpecterGT260
u addressed my point twice. dont get snide w me. I asked a question and then gave some answers all u have done is get butthurt.

im too used to hearing arbitrary power figures thrown out on the web, so I wanted to see some validation of this 500hp build

and ANY water is cold water when comparing it to a running engine. the drastic temp drop can be very bad for an engine. Even an exhaust manifold leak at the flange can suck cold(er) air in and warp valves, so imagine what cold(er) water could do with its higher thermal conductivity. its a valid point worth considering. even if it didnt die it could still cause internal damage. just stop being so pissy about someone asking u to back up a claim. its a car forum, so any claim of a 500 hp build is going to generate some interest. u dont want questions about the build then take it to a scrap booking forum
Ok point taken- so sorry- i didnt like the misquate about the car dieing..., anyway.. i understand what you mean by cold water, didnt drive but 4 blocks b4 it happened. To be able to validate the HP- Cant- i'll get my own reading at the track as soon as I can!! and i cant wait

Old 08-27-2010, 01:55 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

in your second post, you say its "hot for NOS", yet i see no nitrous system in your pictures.

you also state "car did NOT die! DID NOT!" yet in your first post you say it does if you sit at idle too long.

you claim your car is 500HP "last check", then claim you've never checked it.

i'm claiming BS on this whole thing

Old 08-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Ninja Administrator

see, mymaro, this is y we ask the questions we do. it's a way of establishing the knowledge level of the poster. since we don't know u we dont know what you know. People can post up on this board and the appropriate response can range from discussion on dynamic compression ratios and advanced machining to "the long pedal makes it go!" depending on who we are talking to.

from what I can see you bought a car where the seller said it had 500 hp and ran it through some water. if the electrical is all fine then I would start looking toward internal damage. It sounds like you ran your filter through some water from a take off rather than ran full speed into a giant sink hole so from that I wouldnt think you doused your entire engine in rain water.

btw, get rid of that filter. anyone worth their weight in thailand rice will tell u that there is no reason to stick a filter all the way down there. once you get moving the bay temps arent that much hotter than ambient anyway and ur cowl hood if functional can suck air in from behind it. last guy I knew that dumped a filter down that low drive a z24... and his positioning of it made it cavitate to boot so at certain speeds he couldnt get any air.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:48 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ok as you have already found, thats not a k&n cold air intake, it may be a k&n filter cant really tell. at the very least raise it up a couple inches. heres the part thats supposed to cover it. you may be able to get one used for quite a bit less.
http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/200...nce_panel.html

Originally Posted by mymaro4
the whos=z=it? Yes thats the prob!! 1. seller said K&N filter but yes I am stupid. didnt look- its not the easiest thing to see. Plus i was checking bigger things before i bought it. i know nothing about Spectra so you say cover i say i lost it ! or it was never there or floated down the river- oops, intersection I went through, is it a cap on the end? GRRR Im getting a K&N = a giant one that goes up on top, i got the hood for it might as well and try to use it..

Thank you BTW

Old 08-28-2010, 03:14 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I got a K&N filter (couldn't buy the housing and cover for the Spectra.. this is a temp. fix because Babies state insp is due by the end of the month!! Soon I'm going to redo the air intake- his uses are different from mine.. he raced alot- (the Hot for NOS means the hook up and tubes are there, but no bottle- no intention of ever putting it on, he said he had the lines routed so they functioned without it, but the potential to put NOS in it is there). I was at a stop when i went through the water- red light to green, i wanted to turn around but couldn't. I know cars (sorry here- my knowledge is mostly in Ford engines) but I've had Camaros since i was 16- my 79 was really where I got my hands dirty, my dad still builds Camaros, all generations, my 95 didn't need any engine maintenance- rotors and reg stuff. My 01 SS never needed anything but oil changes! lol- so my knowledge level is not anywhere near everyone here, but i like coming here for advice cause I want to do this myself--- i just wish I could undo some of this aftermarket stuff and start over. The 2 different references to it dieing are separate- When this first happened it didn't die, just wouldn't restart when I pulled over and turned it off- since then its dieing left and right- MOST RECENT- While driving, arghhhhhhhh, shes up on stands now and I'm going to get to work, we shall see- the fuel filter wasn't it!

Old 08-28-2010, 03:19 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by whammer3024
in your second post, you say its "hot for NOS", yet i see no nitrous system in your pictures.

you also state "car did NOT die! DID NOT!" yet in your first post you say it does if you sit at idle too long.

you claim your car is 500HP "last check", then claim you've never checked it.

i'm claiming BS on this whole thing
OK- BS whole thing- I addressed the NOS thing and it dieing it my post above- further I explained why i put the HP from the last time (which was right before he sold it) so sorry I'm a big liar, all good- thanks for the advice..

Old 08-28-2010, 03:24 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

is it opti time? how old is it? was it you that has the msd.

Old 08-28-2010, 03:25 PM
Ninja Administrator

geez, u sound like an ex of mine.... stop getting all upset every time you say something that is just downright confusing and someone gets confused. it isnt his fault you arent being clear.

Old 08-28-2010, 05:53 PM
In the Staging Lanes

OK- thanks for all the tips everyone. I'm sure I'll work it out.