Baby has an attitude!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 11:50 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

if your diognostic system is grounded the car will run in limp mode and will probly not set codes when something is wrong. will also run rich which will foul the plugs. have you taken a spark plug out to see if its black.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:42 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Unhappy

Originally Posted by craby
if your diognostic system is grounded the car will run in limp mode and will probly not set codes when something is wrong. will also run rich which will foul the plugs. have you taken a spark plug out to see if its black.
OK - that sounds right- How do I get her out of 'limp mode'??

PP -the river i went through was an intersection after one of the few rains here in El Paso- it went up to my botton of my nose.. had to go throught it, othyer motorist her ehave no sympathey and Theres a ton of traffic!

Now she sounds awesome, maybe my fuel filter was the issue- i let the hubs drive Baby to work Argh... so I will hear soon if she was a bad girl or that was a good fix.

Oh I had to start a new post about my lights cause Im not good with inserting pics..

Old 08-25-2010, 09:34 AM
Ninja Administrator

anyone else curious enough about a 500hp lt1 build that includes a CAI that sits low enough to suck water off the street? u said last check, how did you check?

to address ur question, if you sucked water into your engine to the point that it died there could be any number of issues including head damage or valve damage. Especially while at temp the sudden shock of cold water could warp parts.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:23 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

i would like to see the cai sytem. how about a picture. what tube blew off? spector im with you, i think theres more to the story but i dont think straight water went to the motor with a tube off, depending on what tube, i would think water to the filter alone would screw the sytem (maf) with the water mist that would be sucked through. if the motor died right away because of a large amout of water it would be like you said, some major damage.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:14 AM
In the Staging Lanes

if your diagnostic system is grounded the car will run in limp mode and will probably not set codes when something is wrong. will also run rich which will foul the plugs. have you taken a spark plug out to see if its black.
I have not rechecked the plugs although i have 8 new ones for a mini tune up this weekend (state insp Soon!) How do you get it out of 'Limp mode'? it would explain why the service engine soon light did not react at all, still that is a new one for me-

To the last two posters- Please actually read what I have put- Car did not die! Did not! I turned it off and the starter was bad- maybe from all the WARM water, not cold- If anyone feels COLD water here in El Paso PLEASE let me know- DIRTY- Oh Ya, the MAF is fine, the tube is before the MAF- i have never once said anything about my block-

Any way she was a good girl today- the fuel filter or maybe retracing my lines helped- no stalls, I'm putting my cover back on the exhaust tonight, if she stays good i know its fixed. (welllll fixed for now)

Just for kicks- The car was used solely for racing when I bought it- I was not at the track for the last run- i am going by what the PO told me- it has a couple little things to boost its HP, I dont get your question really. why was the CAI low?? Really? OK? umm because I couldn't get it to sit on top of the block.. IDK...

I'm putting a close up if the engine in my garage- Ya it looks like crap- dirty, and i hate that, but oh well.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:39 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Thumbs down

there- u cant see the hose tho- it b4 the MAF

Attached Thumbnails Baby has an attitude!!-engine.jpg   Baby has an attitude!!-camaro-july-10-016.jpg  
Old 08-26-2010, 02:42 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by SpecterGT260
anyone else curious enough about a 500hp lt1 build that includes a CAI that sits low enough to suck water off the street? u said last check, how did you check?

to address ur question, if you sucked water into your engine to the point that it died there could be any number of issues including head damage or valve damage. Especially while at temp the sudden shock of cold water could warp parts.
everything you said to address my ? was off point and wrong, all of what yout think happened, maybe your thinking of another thread

Old 08-26-2010, 02:42 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

try getting it scanned again. if the maf was messing up it would also but it into limp mode and may screw with the sanner. the filter looks a tad low but not totally out of wack. i hope the cover is put on after photo. if not thats your problem.

Last edited by craby; 08-26-2010 at 02:44 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:48 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
Hmmmm, now there's gotta be a female driver joke in there somewhere...nothing comes to mind though!
How high was the river that you forged? Just curious if something else may have gotten wet and corroded. And I don't think I would blame the water on the worn rotors, the calipers are made to get wet. And because of weight transfer when stopping, the front brakes tend to wear at a two to one ratio (give or take) with the backs.
I think i exaggerated the depth of the water, it all seems deep whe your 8 inchesoff the ground, lol- it was a flooded intersection.. deep, but the filter prob didnt get submerged - as in to the top.. sorry, trying to clarify

Old 08-26-2010, 02:55 AM
In the Staging Lanes

try getting it scanned again. if the maf was messing up it would also but it into limp mode and may screw with the sanner. the filter looks a tad low but not totally out of wack. i hope the cover is put on after photo. if not thats your problem.
the whos=z=it? Yes thats the prob!! 1. seller said K&N filter but yes I am stupid. didnt look- its not the easiest thing to see. Plus i was checking bigger things before i bought it. i know nothing about Spectra so you say cover i say i lost it ! or it was never there or floated down the river- oops, intersection I went through, is it a cap on the end? GRRR Im getting a K&N = a giant one that goes up on top, i got the hood for it might as well and try to use it..

Thank you BTW

Quick Reply: Baby has an attitude!!