anti-theft (Fake) $12 small 4 vid cameras to deter

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 04:13 PM
2nd Gear member
Default anti-theft (Fake) $12 small 4 vid cameras to deter

TITLE OF THIS THREAD: "anti-theft (Fake) $12 small 4 vid cameras." used only to Deter crime

1) where on a 4th Gen. dashboard should they be glued?" (as u can see in 1 of the pics attached hereto, there isn't many places on the dash where u can attach this, it's a cluttered dashboard) the item dimension 4.7 x 5 x 3.3 in

2) would you use Super Glue or Crazy glue to affix to the Camaro dashboard? it comes w/ a screw....

the company that makes them is "Wali"

JUST TO CLARIFY, THEY ARE FAKE BUT DETER CRIME

in your opinion.

thanks,

i have attached a couple of pics 1 of a 93 camaro dashboard and the other of this item

they are Fake, the alternative is pricey

this will have to do in the meantime.

any constructive advice is much appreciated

*Hopefully u not only helped a fellow 4th gen. Camaro enthusiast, but also learned about these items -- and aren't a car thief lol Jk) if u didnt know they existed,

they're sold on amazon and the below is the OFFICIAL item description:

• Made of high quality and durable material,Compact design and easy to install,Appear to work as an actual security camera
• Cheap and effective way to deter criminals,Installed quickly and easily to the ceiling or wall using the included screws, No wiring is required,2 pcs AA batteries operated (not included)
• Protect your homes, shops and business,Suitable for both indoor and outdoor usage, Mix dummy and real cameras to increase your security value,Increase your security at a fraction cost of real cameras
• The inexpensive solution for security theft problems with high professional imitation,No motorized pan movement,Activation light,With elegant and contemporary design, this camera is very popular
• Package Includes:4 x Great Dome Simulation Camera, 8 x Screw , 4 X Warning Security Alert Sticker Decal

Attached Thumbnails anti-theft (Fake)  small 4 vid cameras to deter-anti-theft-camera-2.jpg   anti-theft (Fake)  small 4 vid cameras to deter-hey-9.jpg   anti-theft (Fake)  small 4 vid cameras to deter-love.jpg  
Old 02-28-2017, 06:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Some 2 sided tape.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:34 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by 80sz
Some 2 sided tape.
ok thanks

but where would u put yours?

not a lot of space on the dash

u want it somewhere where the red light faces the would be driver-car-thief

probably by the cooling a/c and heating *****?

Old 03-01-2017, 10:27 AM
4th Gear Member

i have 2 real cams for my 95 that i use when parked in a lot ,,that work as deterents as well as the 2 stickers that say this car is under constant survailance,has worked great for me ,after 3 hit an runs,for like $20.00 each ,A double plug for the lighter ,keeps them them both powered up for up to 8 hours, a 32gb card would work for 24hours an more ,i got like mabey $60,00 in the whole set up ,well worth it ,sometimes i dont even power the cams on,but better to catch someone then not. we talked about that before ,for a bot more there all over ebay ,an the have suction cups like a gps the stickers are red an cost like $4.00 each on ebay corner back window front window

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 03-01-2017 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:27 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by 95 camaro 406
i have 2 real cams for my 95 that i use when parked in a lot ,,that work as deterents as well as the 2 stickers that say this car is under constant survailance,has worked great for me ,after 3 hit an runs,for like $20.00 each ,A double plug for the lighteroG ,keeps them them both powered up for up to 8 hours, a 32gb card would work for 24hours an more ,i got like mabey $60,00 in the whole set up ,well worth it ,sometimes i dont even power the cams on,but better to catch someone then not. we talked about that before ,for a bot more there all over ebay ,an the have suction cups like a gps the stickers are red an cost like $4.00 each on ebay corner back window front window
yes, i remember it now u mentioned this before. I forgot how cheap the real ones are! i copied and pasted what u wrote to an MS Word Document for future reference, friend, i have lots on my mind. thank u, 95 Camaro 406. God bless, and have a pleasant day. Thanks again for your help I'll replace the fake ones w/ real ones. they do require someone with tech savvy and if lighter operated stuff is difficult which it might be for me I will just pay my freelance mechanic friend, he's like Dennis Wilson's character in the awesome car classic: "2 Lane Blacktop" .. the mechanic is his name in that film.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:11 AM
4th Gear Member

your welcome Big cat sounds like a plan the sticker i just searched ebay for security decals i bought like a 10 pack of them for the house windows too ,that are like stop signs that alone should help ,the cams they just hold like 8 gb card an plug right into power outlet ,an what i use is the one that has 3 on it plugs into my lighter as a 95 all it has,its a 3 into 1 ,so i can power up 2 cams an my cell phone at the same time,posting pictures of the cam a sticker,there not to big either about 4 inches X 4 inches i put one in the lower corner front an back of car front an rear windshield. on the cams look for us seller an make sure they have the battery with it average was $15,00 each then the regular size card 8gb $5.00,stickern $4.00,but i had to shop for best priceiwant to get some better ones one day,but my car also has a garage to sit in ,i undertsand your street parking thing you could put on decal in each corner of your car 4 of them,i think they have black with white too

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 03-02-2017 at 09:41 AM.