_night_stalker_´s project

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 06:11 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default _night_stalker_´s project

Hi, I´m a 20yr old guy from Sweden who just have bought my first american car. I´m born and raist in a family were american cars always have had a,erican cars. My dad have had a countless number of american cars, among them are -69 Camaro Z28, -73 Corvette singray with about 800bhp, -59 Cadillac conv x2 and 2 -60 Cadillac conv (he have them all now), a mustang, a -87 trams am, 6 chevells, 3 novas to mention some.
My uncle om my mothers side have a 850rhp -65 Impala.

So with these cars in the family history it was inevitable that I would buy an american car. So the 21 august this year I bought a -98 3,8L V6 Camaro. I bought a car with this engien beacaus the car was för sale at a realy good price so I culd not resist. And it had all the requirements that I wanted, 1. it shuld be a 98 or newer, 2. it should have the t-tops and 3. it should have a dark lether interior.

Unfortunately there was some fixes with the car but for the price I paid it´s nothing to argue about.
So there is some things that I shall do to the car so that it will be exactly as I want it.
The fixes were these;
Some idiot have scratched the paint on the hood, so I will have it repainted and when there is some chips in the paint on the front I will have it repainted at the same time.
Then the mounts for the t-tops in the trunk are missing so those will be bought and put into it, and the loop for the seatbelt on the drivers side are broken so a new one of them will also be fixed.
The car already have gotten US Mirrors so those I dont need to get.

On our way home with the car we dicoverd that it was leaking coolant. We stoped and checked and came to the conclution that it would not be a problem if we filled on with wather and was checking the temp gauge. when we came home we orderd a new watherpump.

Here is a list of wath I want do do and waths done;

[x] Chance the watherpump
[-] Fix the paint damages
[x] US mirrors
[-] Chance to white turnsignals
[x] Maybe new rearlight (like the ones on the 93-96)
[-] Tint the windows (rearwindow I shall have, the doors not shure if I shall do as it´s ilegal here in swden)
[-] New rims, probably ACE Scott Chrome 18''
[/] New exhaust tips
[-] Move the registation plate
[-] New loop for the seatbelt on the drivers side and new mounts for the t-tops in the trunk (have orderd them, will get them during the week)

I apoligize for some typos, English is my second language and it´s alog of text

Here is some pics of the car;

Last edited by _night_stalker_; 12-24-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:23 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Here are some pics from when we changed the watherpump.

The new watherpump, a new steelgasget and the instructions

The car outside my work

My dad is using the hose to flush the radiator as the previus owner aparently have put something in it to ceep it from leaking but it was the watherpump...

The pulley, dirty as hell..

But after a couple of minutes with some cleaning alcohol it got clean and nice again

The old watherpump

The new watherpump

New vs old. hum.. I wounder withch one´s witch :P

New vs old

The things that we shall put on, the new pump and gasket and the old pulley

The old gasket gone

The new watherpump in place

And done

Old 10-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

looks good any plans for the engine

Old 10-11-2010, 09:02 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Thx No, not realy. Maybe a new exhaust and something to make it breath better in the future The first I will do is to get it to look perfekt, after that I might get some stuff for the engien But I think that if I some day want to get mutch horses out of it I will probably just buy one more with a LS1 engien

The 1 of may is my birthday so I´m planing on taking it out of the garage then and taking the first ride of the year

I have been thinking of getting a SLP grill with a red bowtie but I´m not shure if it will look better then if I get the chrome inlays to the original grill. Wath do you guys think?

//Mikael

Old 10-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

ohh i was looking at the pic where your dad is reaching into the bay and thought it was an ls1 but after i looked at it again i realized its a 3800 its a good engine if any plans come up for this engine may i suggest forced induction i also suggest head gaskets and lower intake gaskets from what ive read theyre the achilles heel of the 3800

Old 11-14-2010, 07:32 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Almost forgot about the thred.. *ashamed*

Got the things I had bought a couple of days after I posted here. Have put in the pices in the trunk so I can finaly mount my t-tops in a good way Have also started to clean the engien bay up alittle. Have bought some pipe and atarted to make new exhausttipps but need to get 2 peces of stainless steel to make the tipps.

Dont have any pics right now as my camera didn´t survive the hottub at a party a couple of weeks But as soon as I get a new one I will take some pic´s.

We have got the first snow now, and the summer feel´s like it never will come again.. 5 long months of snow and arctic cold now..

Old 11-14-2010, 07:34 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Do any of you guys and girls know if there is any were I can buy white turnsignals and some other stuff? The problem with every one I have cecked with that have them is that they do not want to ship it to sewden.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:59 AM
2nd Gear member

hmm i guess outside of the US the camaroes have the firebird seats...

and do u guys drive on the right or left side of the road? im assuming right seeing that it has left hand drive

Old 11-14-2010, 02:56 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by MelloYello
hmm i guess outside of the US the camaroes have the firebird seats...

and do u guys drive on the right or left side of the road? im assuming right seeing that it has left hand drive
Yea, I have been thinking of that to. Have newer seen a Camaro here in sweden with the usual seats. Or almost, the convertibles have had the right seats.

Yes, we drive on the right side of the roads. There is only islands that drive on the left side, UK, Japan, Autralia and so on.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:40 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Just bought a new taxmark for the rear licensplate.

There was a law before that all cars was forced to have a taxmark on the rear licensplate so the police easyer could se if you had payd your cartax for the year. But from 1 january 2010 they took that law away so now there is some of these to buy. Now exactly leagal but the risk of getting a ticket for it is equal to 0

Quick Reply: _night_stalker_´s project