99 LS1, smoking and I'm not talking about rubber...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 03:09 PM

The coolant does bubble, i can here the distinctive sound from inside the car....

well, I got the car pressure tested and the results were: bad water pump, and bad heater hose.... Then the very next day I learned a lesson, to never take your time fixing a problem. I drove from SF to SJ and parked at a target because the car was smoke... MY camaro basically took a coolant **** through the bottom and then when I opened the hood, my whole engine bay was green.. PAIN IN THE ***.. I brought it home w/o over heating, but the next time I drive it, it will be to go back to SF to fix it....

MY QUESTION NOW IS.. What parts would you all recommend? I need a new water pump and heater hose.. I also think that I should change all my hoses and belts.. What else should I change since I am going to be down in there fixing everything??... What are some prices and good brands??

thanks again all

Old 12-06-2011, 10:12 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

inspect the hoses and if they are cracking, feel brittle or really soft then change em. same with the belts. it may be that heater hose was leaking on the exhaust and causing the smog.