95 camaro v6 3.4 letter problem please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Default 95 camaro v6 3.4 letter problem please help

iv been having a problem with my car. At 30 % throttle it accelerates fine, but when i put my foot in it, the car doesnt have as much horse power as it should, it still revs up and accelerates but it back fires alittle and doesnt preform like it should, when you let off the throttle alittle bit it picks up and go's. it has a check engine light which i got checked and they said it was running lean on the driver side, he showed me on the obd2 reader that said about 700 something on passenger side and 100 something on the driver side. which i guess is compression ratio or fuel presser idk. but he said it should me 700 on both sides. my dad thought maybe replacing the o2 sensor for that side of the engine would help fix it but it hasn't yet. i was thinking that maybe it was a vacuum leak like from the intake manifold gasket or head gasket on that side of the motor. my dad said if it was the vacuum line it would run like that on both sides. if anyone knows what i should do please tell me. i don't wanna buy a 50 dollar gasket set and rebuild my motor if it doesn't need it. thanks josh

Old 01-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by stormmage88
iv been having a problem with my car. At 30 % throttle it accelerates fine, but when i put my foot in it, the car doesnt have as much horse power as it should, it still revs up and accelerates but it back fires alittle and doesnt preform like it should, when you let off the throttle alittle bit it picks up and go's. it has a check engine light which i got checked and they said it was running lean on the driver side, he showed me on the obd2 reader that said about 700 something on passenger side and 100 something on the driver side. which i guess is compression ratio or fuel presser idk. but he said it should me 700 on both sides. my dad thought maybe replacing the o2 sensor for that side of the engine would help fix it but it hasn't yet. i was thinking that maybe it was a vacuum leak like from the intake manifold gasket or head gasket on that side of the motor. my dad said if it was the vacuum line it would run like that on both sides. if anyone knows what i should do please tell me. i don't wanna buy a 50 dollar gasket set and rebuild my motor if it doesn't need it. thanks josh
There is no way anyone could know what wrong with your car because it could be so many things. This is a EFI drivability issue and would demand a "A" class mechainc in most shops.

Lean condition is caused by too much air or not enough fuel. The fact it is on one side of the engine helps. O2 sensor was a good guess.

I would try swaping injectors side to side and see if the issue follows. It is most likely not fuel pressure or it would be both side but it would not hurt to check the pressure.

Vacuum leak should increase your idle to high RPMs, Is your idle high? Some vacuum ports feed on a single runner so a vacuum leak could cause a lean issue and not have a large increase in RPMs. Check the drivers side. Another thing you can try is pinching off vacuum hoses with needle nose plyers and see if the motor changes in sound. Two big ones to check are the PVC valve and the brake booster.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

You actually saw the reader??? I only ask because your car should be obd1

Old 01-02-2012, 08:55 PM

yes i saw the reader, it has a obd2 plug and will work with a obd2 reader

no my idle isnt high

Old 01-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

odd my 95 with an obdII plug didnt work with an obdII scanner maybe yours is a late model

Old 01-03-2012, 12:40 AM

i dont know i got it read at a business called autoport inc. in meridian ms

Old 01-03-2012, 10:59 AM
November 2010 ROTM
October 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by BasicConcepts
odd my 95 with an obdII plug didnt work with an obdII scanner maybe yours is a late model
I used a $20k snap on reader and it told me everything about my car :P

Old 01-04-2012, 02:35 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Check map sensor,it could throw ur car in a loop.took me 1yr to figure it out.Lol

Old 01-04-2012, 04:52 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

have your injectors cleaned and flow tested at a injector shop, not that expensive. if cost is not a factor i would change the other 02 sensor. check air filter.