'94 LT1 Stalls...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 09:40 PM
1st Gear Member

So, we checked everything we could. The problem still persists. We were just driving it, and we didn't even put it in neutral, it just stalled on us.

Any ideas?

Old 02-10-2010, 10:06 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

vats or ignition switch maybe. what condition is the key in? and it starts right back up?

Old 02-11-2010, 02:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by craby
vats or ignition switch maybe. what condition is the key in? and it starts right back up?
lol I don't know what a vat is but I don't think its the ignition switch. Why would it stall when we've already switched it on and moving? The key isn't scratched up or anything, just usual wear and tear. Doesn't start right back up, you gotta wait for it. It wouldn't even crank, no click, no sound of starting. But it eventually does start back up.

What I do get is this thing...

Name:  0128101846.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  19.6 KB

For the first time it stuttered a bit but didn't turn off. Did it only once, and this came up. Notice the red light in the middle. It looks like a container with some liquid at the very bottom, and a arrow pointing downwards.

Btw I really appreciate your help craby, wasn't for you I had no idea where to check haha

Old 02-11-2010, 06:44 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

that s low oil or low coolant. do u have a owners manual to see which it is? i see your gas gage is on empty. both of my camaros, last and present, would run out of gas at that level.

Old 02-11-2010, 03:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by craby
that s low oil or low coolant. do u have a owners manual to see which it is? i see your gas gage is on empty. both of my camaros, last and present, would run out of gas at that level.
It can't be the oil anymore because we just changed the oil. I checked the coolant myself, it's still as full as it was the day we put coolant in there. It happened last night and the same light came on, eventhough the gas tank was half full.

I took that picture on my way to the gas station...so...you know. lol. And mine goes a little lower before running out.

And I just created this amazing piece of art just to show you guys how the damn thing looks like..haha

Name:  light_comes_on_camaro.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  4.3 KB

Old 02-11-2010, 03:39 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

heres a copy of the 93 owners manual. shows it as a low coolant indicator. i would say your low on coolant or the sensor is bad. could be a bad connection or wire also.
http://shbox.com/pdf/1993camaro.pdf

Old 02-13-2010, 03:53 AM
1st Gear Member

So the guy who I gave my car to so he could repair it eventually took it to the dealership and the right away told him the problem. They found that one of the fuses (the big cube-like black ones that you can't check with the naked eye) was faulty and that was all that was wrong with it. 3 different mechanics were not able to find out the problem, and it was nothing more than just a fuse.

It's ALIVE!

Old 02-13-2010, 09:37 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ah the old blown fuseable link problem. lol, cool so its running good and the light is out?

Old 02-13-2010, 11:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Dammit...

We were on our way back and it stalled again on us. Apparently that wasn't the problem either.

Any other ideas?

Old 02-14-2010, 04:35 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

still would suspect the vats system also called security system. there should be a bump on your key on each side with a metal connector, this is a resistor that connects to the vats system to tell it that its the right key. if the keys resistor, or its reader goes bad or has a bad connection it will not let the car run. some lights will work and the radio i think and u should be seeing a security light on at the dash if this is a problem. there are other things it could be. opti, ignition control modual or the coil are a few.

Quick Reply: '94 LT1 Stalls...