93 z28 Aftermarket Radio Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 05:47 PM

Dude you have everything you need in front of you to put in that radio, you just disconnect that white plug from the black one in your first picture, that white plug connector going into the black one is your wire harness, you need to untape that cluster of wires and you should find where the its connected in the middle, cut those wires and ditch the part that your holding on to in the third pic, take the wires that plug into the back of your new radio and color match them and connect them up with barrel connectors or soulder & tape to the harness that plugs into the black harness on your first pic, put the radio back in and you should be rolling with sound if the speakers weren't removed from the car.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Do you have a bose system? If so, you need an integration box enable to utilize it.

If you do have bose, and do what others on here are saying, you are going to wire it up like a normal radio, and have sound come out of one speaker (Front left). Reason being, some grounds are shared to the amp.

Take it to a Best Buy or certified car audio shop if you are uncomfortable or not quite sure what you are doing. It's worth the time and money.

EDIT: What issue were you having with the old radio? Did it work at all?

Last edited by Spatfieya; 01-15-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:11 PM
4th Gear Member

If he still has the Bose system installed, wiring it normally, he won't get any sound without a speaker level converter. In which case, he's just best ditching the old Bose speakers, and getting a set of aftermarket speakers and wiring them in one of several ways.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MKCoconuts
If he still has the Bose system installed, wiring it normally, he won't get any sound without a speaker level converter. In which case, he's just best ditching the old Bose speakers, and getting a set of aftermarket speakers and wiring them in one of several ways.
That's what the previous owners of my camaro did. Cept they kept the speakers in and just ran speaker wire to the stock bose speakers.

In any case, if your not sure what you are doing, don't do it.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:16 PM
4th Gear Member

I really feel like a write-up should be done for something like this.

Old 01-17-2012, 03:33 PM
2nd Gear member
Old 01-17-2012, 06:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MKCoconuts
I really feel like a write-up should be done for something like this.
Same, I think there are different degree's of Bose systems for these cars. Some are a simple amp turn on wire and done, ones like mine (8" bose sub and all that) are more complicated.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:13 PM

All depends on what bose is left in the car. That is a box that lowers the signal to allow the amps to use it.

If you put your deck right to the amps, bad sound, and levels screwed.

Best option.. honestly, get rid of the bose.. run wires, and get better sound from a deck and new speakers. 6 in rear.. will screw right in. and same up front. 6. forget the sub if it has on. All bose drivers are JUNK, most 2-3 ohm. wont work for crap with any aftermarket radios with out heating them up past a point of using.

I run a shop.. happy to help, just PM me, if you would like.

I also have a brand new chevy Bose adapter. but, walking you through one of two meathods with what you got is not so hard. Knowing exactly what you have is a must.. sub or not. bla bla

email me direct if you want... Dave@dgsautotech.com

and the adapter is NOS.. these have not sold in YEARS.. an old shop i worked for before i open had one.. so I grabbed it. Still best meathod...new speakers. very easy to do.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dgsautotech
All depends on what bose is left in the car. That is a box that lowers the signal to allow the amps to use it.

If you put your deck right to the amps, bad sound, and levels screwed.

Best option.. honestly, get rid of the bose.. run wires, and get better sound from a deck and new speakers. 6 in rear.. will screw right in. and same up front. 6. forget the sub if it has on. All bose drivers are JUNK, most 2-3 ohm. wont work for crap with any aftermarket radios with out heating them up past a point of using.

I run a shop.. happy to help, just PM me, if you would like.

I also have a brand new chevy Bose adapter. but, walking you through one of two meathods with what you got is not so hard. Knowing exactly what you have is a must.. sub or not. bla bla

email me direct if you want... Dave@dgsautotech.com

and the adapter is NOS.. these have not sold in YEARS.. an old shop i worked for before i open had one.. so I grabbed it. Still best meathod...new speakers. very easy to do.
Peripheral makes one. Think is called ISVE61 or something.

But yeah, those bose systems are archaic. Most people just take it out and put new stuff in.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:27 PM

Thats what I got...looks like what he has. the famous blue. Really, they still make those? Ifigure stock would be out by now.. lol. Heck, I just dug up a 90-94 Nissan Max one.. HA HA HA.. funny what us installer keep in boxes. I got some crazy ****.

Installers should have a swap met.. LOL

Quick Reply: 93 z28 Aftermarket Radio Problem