82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

New 91 RS Project, lots of questions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Default New 91 RS Project, lots of questions.

The previous owner decided to spin the distributor whenever he wasn't using the car so that nobody could steal it.

Brilliant, I know.

So a buddy of mine and I pulled the plugs, cap and all to fix what sounded like a slight misfire. We readjusted it and plugged it back in, the car starts fine and the engine doesn't shake at all anymore. Inside the car however there's a significant rumble, the whole car shakes at idle.

We were adjusting the distributor at idle then I spun it a little to much and it stalled. So I readjusted it and then it wouldn't start. Waited about 15 minutes and it started. So I have a feeling that the starter is going.

Further, there is a weird noise, a ticking, but a little different. We think its coming from the belt but I can't be exactly sure.

My questions are:

What should I be doing with the distributor? It seems as though its still running rough but I don't know what a 20 y/o car should idle like.

Any pictures/videos or info pertaining to this would be a huge help.

What would be some good plugs to put in for performance? I want to change them anyway. Also what should I do with the distributor? Time for a new one or what?