82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

new to 3rd gen scene

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 07:30 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default new to 3rd gen scene

I recently bought a 82 iroc.It is a very nice car but the dash lihgts,blower motor and tail lihgts dont work.The car has only 54k onit.It is a black hard top.It apears all stock but it has a 520 horse Hutter performance smallblock and a m21 4 speed.Car has been sitting in a collection for at least the last 10 years that I have known of it.Sitting beside it was a twin turbo lambo man was that car awsome.lambo for sale also for 175,000.If anyone can give a starting place to get these minor problems ironed out before spring it would be greatly appreciated.Also it seems these cars have head liner issues mine is sagging can it be repaired or can some one direct me to a place to get a new one?I only bought the car because of the excellent condition it is in.I know this car will get me in trouble so it may end up for sale when I get it all fixed.

Old 02-06-2010, 07:54 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

just so you know, the iroc model didnt come out until 85. the first place to check is the fuse panel on the underside of the dash, driver side, on the left. check all the fuses first and go from there. classic industries is a good supplier of parts, and have replacement headliners availible

Old 02-06-2010, 08:20 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default correction

I am sorry I should have typed z28.I have not checked fuse panel yet,I am going to start working on it in the morning.I wouldnt think blower motor would be on the same fuse as tail lihgts and dash lights.There could be more than one blown fuse.Is this known problem for 3rd gens?Thank you for responding. I hope your motor build goes well for you.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default getting camaro saturday

Well my freind is finally feeling better again so I will go get the camaro saturday morning.Hopefully the electrical problems it has are only blown fuses.If not I will be on here looking for advice if I dont see any mouse chewed wires.I talked to the guy that built the car 20 years ago he changed the speedo to a 140mph model so the odometer only reads 6800 miles.but the title says 47000 so the car has about 54,000 miles on it.He Has worked for Hutter performance for 30 years.Remember when Earnhart jr used to win championships?He had hutter power under the hood.He says the car dynoed at 520 hp.It is bored and stroked to 370 ci.Balanced and lightend forged crower internals roller top end with a set heavily worked brodix heads.Wieand team g intake and a holley off one their nascar modified programs.The crazy part is you cant tell by listening to it run.It is quiet no big cam lobe.But when you nail it revs very fast to put it mildly.He even left the ac which is about the only option he got on the car.I cant wait for the salt to get washed off the roads im dying to drive this thing.I have been hearing stories about this car for 10 years I still cant believe I own it.I just came in from a 16 hr work day so Im gonna finish this beer and hit the hay.Im sorry im tired and didnt mean babble.