82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

need info badly

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 07:29 PM
Default need info badly

i'm fixing a 1992 camaro with a stock 305. and i want to get more hpw with a 350 or 400 small block and keep all the electrical etc. as far as computer,gauges, and all go the same. and i want to put twin blowers on it. any suggestions either diffrent than what i'm planning or on the same page. would be greatly appretiated. thanks, gracing

Old 01-31-2012, 07:32 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gracing
i'm fixing a 1992 camaro with a stock 305. and i want to get more hpw with a 350 or 400 small block and keep all the electrical etc. as far as computer,gauges, and all go the same. and i want to put twin blowers on it. any suggestions either diffrent than what i'm planning or on the same page. would be greatly appretiated. thanks, gracing
welcome to the forums. It's nice to have new members

you got a 3rd gen and quickly discovered that they don't perform like 4th gens or modern vehicles. That is to be expected because your vehicle uses 30+ year old technology, aka, the smog era.

So, disappointment sets in quickly because IT'S A CAMARO MAN and should be FAST.

This is where reality now hits you square in the jaw

forget the twin blower comment and please don't anyone comment on "twin blowers"

is this your daily driver?

Do you have access to another vehicle which can become your daily driver for 6-12 months?

do you have the space to have this vehicle on jacks for 6-12 months?

Do you really have the expertise?

Do you have the tools?

Do you want to do it right or do you hope to toss in junkyard parts, say a prayer and see what happens? (follow threads on this forum of people using multiple junk trannys or engines instread of paying once for a good one etc)

Do you have $7,000- $10,000? (plz see question about doing it right)

you need to look yourself in the mirror, ask how much cash-on-hand you have right now (some shops work cash only), hwo much $$ you are willing to part with as well as how long you are willing to have the vehicle off the road

once you can answer that, it's then when you come back and tell us how much $$$ you realistically have as well as how much time. Then and only then can assistance be offered

It's like someone with $200,000 saying they are going to buy a mansion on the California coast; it aint gonna happen. Instead, they go to the realtor and ask what $200,000 will get them