82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

beefing up my camaro

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 12:24 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default beefing up my camaro

my 82 z-28 has a 78 model 350 in it. i am tring to put a new intake, carb, aircleaner and
valve covers. any ideas what kind of valve covers i need if i only need one pvc port.
the edelbrock valve covers i got have one port on each side, but i only need one. do i
have to plug it or do i need to get a different set of valve covers or air cleaner? if so
where is a good place to get them? also i would like some feedback on a high performance
carb, and intake. i was leaning torward a holley something in the 750cfm range. i will be
putting on a ignition system and distributor next month. any ideas on that as well
will be appreciated.
thanks guys!

Old 12-08-2007, 08:28 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: beefing up my camaro

One thing you could do would be to just put a breather/filter on the other valve cover hole.
Or just plug it up as you've stated. If you want to run two PCV's make a hole in the bottom ofyour air filter mountingplate & run the hose.

As for a carb intake setup, unless you've done some other work to the motor like cam & lifters you shouldn't go any larger than maybe a 600 CFM. A 750 would just flood the motor above 4000 RPM.The Eldebrock performer would be a good choice for an intake.

CCar

Old 12-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner
Default RE: beefing up my camaro

Put the pcv valve in one cover, and a breather in the other. DO NOT cork the second one up. Your crankcase needs to breath air in as well as out. And if you were ever thinking of not using a pcv valve at all, don't.A pcv valve is more than just an air emissions device, it's also better for the engine.The crankcase naturally builds up pressure, and having the carb/intake suck that pressure out is better than making the engine have to push it out (through the rings, gaskets, seals, wherever).