82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

89 need help bad! multi questions!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Default 89 need help bad! multi questions!

OK Uncle lost the keys we cut the iginition wire and i has VATS on it, well we got a normal key made for it and it still turns over and gas goes to the TBI, so that mean we bypass the VATS?

Problem 2: gas is going to the TBI and we got power going to the injectors wires but the two plugins that go into the top of the injectors wont put out power to give gas. what could be the problem? we checked the fuses and there ok and i also have a bran new fuel pump installed. please help!

Old 02-27-2009, 07:11 AM
Tech Droid

Cutting the wires is not going to bypass VATS. You need to connect a resistor across the wires going to the VATS module. The resistor has to have the same value as the value of the resistor pellet on the original key. VATA disables the injectors.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:14 PM

how can i find out what resistors i need to bypass it? i know there are 15 different ones... i dont have the original key so, do i have to just buy each resistor try and hope?

Old 02-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Droid

Buy one of each & try it. They are cheap.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:23 PM

alright everything is going good now but i got a major problem.

im not getting pulse from the injectors.
we tested the wires and its giving out the right amount of power, but then we plug in a noild light tester and it wont work. so right now i got 0 pulse from the injectors, and i even put different ones on. what could make it not give it gas? i changed the igition module in the distrupter. so right now im stuck!!

Old 02-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Droid

Did you bypass the VATS or found the right key? The injectors won't work unless VATS allows it. You can wire around the VATS to get the starter to work, but the VATS has to send the proper signal to the PCM in order for the injectors to work.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:04 PM

Go to the dealer and have them cut a key with resistor pellet in it. Then just relearn it. About 90.00

Old 02-28-2009, 10:10 AM

i dont think we bypass the vats im using a normal key and the wires are still cut, so im goto radioshack today and go buy the resistors and try and bypass it if not i will rewire the igiition wires i cut and geta lock smith to make a key and then it should work?

Old 03-13-2009, 08:42 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Yeah, it should. But I think you have to have dealers make those keys for you I don't think a regular locksmith can..

Old 03-17-2009, 12:45 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default other options?

i have also heard you can get a new prom that will disable the VATS thing. still trying to confirm this through prom suppliers but i will have the same problem soon since i am transplanting a TPI 350 from a VATS equipped car and i also dont have a key. have any of you guys heard of a company that CAn supply such a prom chip?

Quick Reply: 89 need help bad! multi questions!