I'm not sure if it will work.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 02:32 PM
1st Gear Member
Default I'm not sure if it will work.

I am looking at doing some suspension upgrades to my car. I want to do sub-frame connectors, lower control arms, LCA relocator brackets and a pan hard bar. My question is does any one see any clearance issues with these parts. My concern is that the sub-frame connectors, LCA's, and the LCA brackets might be interfered by aftermarket exhaust I have it is true duals with 2 inline maganflow mufflers and the exhaust goes under the axles but the tubes do follow the path that the stock exhaust did from the headers back, just the diameter is larger. Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.

Old 03-09-2008, 03:21 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: I'm not sure if it will work.

relocate your lower control arms? huh?

right now, more importantly you say that your exhaust hangs below your rearend? that sounds very butchered and I can't believe it even works and doesn't drag on the ground and get ripped off. this is an area that should get your immediate attention before you do anything else

Old 03-09-2008, 04:39 PM
1st Gear Member

No the exhaust doesn't hang below the axles becasue it is broken. The exhaust pipe goes under the axle going towards the back to the tips because the mufflers wouldn't fit any other way and the bends necessary to go over the axle would have way too much restriction. Its not broke at all in fact it is perfect it doesn't vibrate, shake, hang low or leak.

And the control arm relocators basically make my back end put more weight on my rear tires giving me more traction which I do have issues with.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:20 PM

I actually almost did that with my 3rd gen also. It would work i just decided not to run the exhaust back that far. THe rear axle on a 3rd gen is like the highest point underneath one of these things. Never looked under a 4th gen but im assuming its the same. As bizzarre as it sounds it really would work. You could even use like bungie cords as rear hangers so if you like get airborne or something and the axle hits the pipes it would just go down hhahaa i dunno i guess im just out there...something different i guess lol

Old 03-09-2008, 08:16 PM
1st Gear Member

I think I am just going to get the stuff and if it fits, great...if not I'll change my exhaust to fit with all the stuff installed. My exhaust doesn't really hit the ground unless I am entering a parking lot or something that has a dip in it. You guys no exactly what I mean. Hope it works Thanks for the input.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:22 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Hey ferg, since I am lowering my car I will have to get an adj. panhard rod. I have a BMR Non adj.<<<<-this is a good one on it now, that I will sell you. None of the parts you listed make your car set any lower, so it will all fit, but why are u doin a relocation on the LCAs theres no reason for you too.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:46 AM
Ninja Administrator

ORIGINAL: 1969 SS

relocate your lower control arms [1]? huh?

right now, more importantly you say that your exhaust hangs below your rearend? that sounds very butchered and I can't believe it even works and doesn't drag on the ground and get ripped off. this is an area that should get your immediate attention before you do anything else
1) yes, somewhere along the line since 1969, someone realized that leaf springs were complete crap for performance and went with coiled springs and control arms, the geometry of which determines the likelihood that a wheel will travel upward or downward during acceleration. Moving the rear section of the LCA downward improves this geometry reducing around 90% of wheel hop making this one of the most beneficial suspension mods you can do for your car.

2) fbody true dual exhaust has run under the axle for a long time. the reason being: it has to. there isnt room for 2 full sized pipes running in that little gap over the rearend.

Exhibit A

under the axle, over the panhard

exhibit B
under everything

Old 03-12-2008, 05:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah So I guess it will fit SWEET and the reason I want to LCA relocators is it will shift my center lower and further back making it much easier to get and keep traction. And TA Master BTW if you lower your car you will need LCA relocators also otherwise your car will spin like nobodies business, among other things.

When you come back to Athens I'll look at it and see if its what I need and in goodshape price is right and all that jazz.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:59 PM

haha nice post specter...i liiiiiike. other then those mufflers hanging real low. i jsut bought some moroso spiral flows, and im gona try and run them up in the tunnel beside the driveshaft as much as i can. custom bend all the pipe to it.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Ninja Administrator

eh, hes made a couple of strange posts recently basically criticizing people for things that are perfectly normal for their generation. things have changed since 1969