wich wires

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 12:10 AM
Default wich wires

how do i know which wires to take out of the wire harness that control the tpi and computer. I'll be selling the whole tpisetup and would like to make sure the person gets all the wires they need and i get to keep the wires that i need. I thought the tpi wires were in a seperate harness, but all the wires seem to be taped and connected together somehow.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:13 AM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: wich wires

all the wires on the right side of the car are for the TPI , all the wires by the master cylinder are body wires. the heater harness is also on the right side so don't cut those , they will be needed if you want a heater. the EFI harness is the huge harness on the right side by the HVAC housing.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:18 AM

but the big harness on thepassenger side goes behind the motor and goes to some of the wires on the drivers side that go hrough the firewall. or maybe im just looking at it wrong. i found the heater wires on the passenger side that is a completely seperate harness and goes thru the firewall on the passenger side. I will be eliminating all that as well. you guys must think im a pain in the *** with all theses ??'s. LOL but i appreciate any and all info.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:40 AM
2nd Gear member

the big harness on the right goes through the firewall and straight to the ECM. unplug the ecm and push the wires throught the firewall and flollow them to where the end. it will almost always be in a connector of some sort and unplug the connector , the ecm also had a power and ground wire going to it. if i remember right the ecm power wire goes to the battery terminal on the starter via a fuseable link ora junction block on the firewall by the wiper motor(i don't remember which on the 3rd gen) .t he ground goes to the engine or chassis with a eyelet. if the car is an automatic the wires will also go to the tranny. one plug for the lock-up converter and another for the VSS.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:51 AM

okay i got the harness coming from the computer under the dash, so there might be a power connection by the wiper motor. thats were im having my problem, its seems like the wires go to the big block on the firewall by the brake master cylinder and the fuse box is on the other side inside the car. how do i disconnect the power and ground wires that go into that block? cut them? Ialso got the wires disconnected from the trans. What does vss mean?

Old 03-29-2007, 12:59 AM
2nd Gear member

VSS = vehicle speed sensor. the one going to the tail housing if the trans. there are going to be a few wires going to the Fuse block because that's where the ECM and fuel pump fuses are. i may be wrong but i thought they had a connector before going into the fuse block. if not you can use a pick and remove the pin from the connector in the fuse block itself (the side of the fuse block you see from outside the car is a big connector if you think about it) and tape them up and write down where they go (rap them with masking tape , you right on it)

Old 03-30-2007, 01:58 AM

thanks cprunr i finally got the harness disconnected and out of the car. I found out how to unconnect the clip from the block by the master cylinder. I have another ? though. what gauge wire do i need to run from the battery to the fuse block, since the wire that gave the fuse block power was in the computer harness. and should i put a in-line fuse in that wire?

Old 03-30-2007, 08:38 PM
2nd Gear member

i would use a fusable link becuase it's alot cleaner install. and the wire should be about a 10 ga wire to make sure your getting a full 12 volts to all the electronics (bigger is always better on wires).