why does my car suck?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 07:32 AM
2nd Gear member
Default why does my car suck?!?!?!

as most of you guys know, my clutch isnt working and the car is basicly direct drive right now. start it in gear, roll when cranking over, shift with no clutch. well this guy i know was supposed to take a look at it this morning. i goto start it up and all i hear is, CLICK. so now my starter **** the bed on me and i need a new one. i keep running into these problems all day long. has anyone hear ever wanted to just run their car with a freakin monster truck or something out of anger and frustration?

Old 05-09-2008, 08:20 AM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: why does my car suck?!?!?!

That sucks man, I kinda know how you feel though. I felt like doing that to my old Blazer after the fuel pump crapped out 3 months after I got it. Don't hurt the Z though!

Old 05-09-2008, 01:22 PM
3rd Gear Member

WELCOME TO MY WORLD! Ah hahahaha! I dont know if you remember some of my pots, but my first year with my Camaro I was going to take it out and blow it up. Seriously, I have the necessary equipment.......

If you can think it, I had it go wrong in my car. My absolute favorite was when my 'new' motor (rebuilt 30K ago...sure...) blew a conneting rod bearing. I had less then 100 miles on that phawking engine and I had to rip it out and get another one. (My new one, honestly rebuilt, now burns oil from either valve seals or a ring.....I just dont care anymore...)

One day you will get all the bugs worked out. One day. Plan for a lot more headaches in the meanwhile. But when its all said and done, it will be worth it. Drink a beer, watch some tv. Come back to it after a few days.....good luck.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:20 PM
1st Gear Member

its ok...your camaro still loves you...and if you starter just clicks, it probably the battery doesnt have enough juice, or your solenoid...

Old 05-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Overdrive Member

Yeah don't do a ScottD to it man!!! Unfortunatly the car is 23 years old. With any thing that old more things can go wrong all at once. But its a GM product and parts are plentiful. Now you just need that patience to match.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:10 PM
March 2008 ROTM

dont forget the pockets!!!need some semi deep pockets as well

Old 05-09-2008, 05:59 PM
1st Gear Member

well, most of the parts are retardedly easy to get...

Old 05-09-2008, 06:01 PM
March 2008 ROTM

even i can do it! lol

Old 05-09-2008, 06:03 PM
In the Staging Lanes

alright here's step by step what you should do...

1) open door
2) pull hood latch
3) open hood
4) check clutch fluid reservoir (if low proceed to step 5) (if full proceed to step 8)
5) put brake fluid in the clutch fluid reservoir (The clutch uses brake fluid) (it's science)
6) pump the clutch pedal, after 1-174 pumps, look under the car for the fluid leak
7) repair/replace the leaking component
8) fill gas tank to 3/4 full
9) get a running start and slide across the hood
10) start the car, man up, and drift corners all day (if this doesn't work proceed to 11)
11) look for mechanical breakage ordisintigrated throw out-bearing
12) if all else fails replace motor!!!

Old 05-09-2008, 07:19 PM
2nd Gear member

easier said then done guys. but im gonna tool on it all day on my only day off of the week on monday. i found out that the ignition wire to the starter was fried from sitting on the headers. my battery must be dead. i need to take of my clutch fork boot and look in there with a light and check for stupid crap that might be holding me back. if there is (which i wouldnt doubt on the world) ill take out the motor and fix it and while im at it, ill put in a massive roller cam. until then, i need to patiently wait for my day off. 10 am to 9 pm of work,im tired and its too dark to work on it.but slowly the day will come.

Quick Reply: why does my car suck?!?!?!