Well, Ill never order from Jegs again...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 08:53 PM
3rd Gear Member

I sent them a lengthy, polite but accurate email of what transpired. JEGS never even bothered to return my email about it. I hate to be that guy who says 'Dont ever buy from these guys", but with JEGS it really seems 'Buyer Beware'.....

Old 08-29-2023, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by ScottD
I recently had a catastrophic failure in my rear so I had to get a new assembly. The donor junkyard rear only had 2.73's in it, so I called Jegs to order a set of 3.73's....heres what happened....

I called and specifically told them the donor rear has 2.73's in it and I need 3.73's for that sized carrier. The phone tech gave me the part #, transferred me to cust service and I ordered my part. The garage called me today and informs me that Jegs shipped the wrong gear set. I called them up and explained their mistake, I also told them I took a week off work to get this done and I cant wait any longer than tomo to get the correct gears. I asked them to overnight the parts (on their tab) .....and thats when things got ugly.

The rep told me they were going to charge me overnight shipping because I had made the error. The rep called my story 'fishy' and accused me of 'changing my story several times'. As if to add insult to injury, he kept digging at me telling me it was my fault and I didnt know what I was ordering. I insisted Jegs pay overnight shipping. He finally agreed but kept saying "well, Jegs shouldnt have to pay for shipping because of your mistake' I informed the rep that not only was he being rude, but he was crossing the line into being belligerent with me. I asked to speak to his supervisor and he said "I dont have one....." "Hes on vacation" and eventually "Ill have him call you back"

I eventually got a call back from a supervisor who just said "Im sorry about that, its not the image we like to convey" and just sat there silently. Im not one to usually raise a fuss, but Ive NEVER had such ****ty customer service. Guess Im going back to dealing exclusively with Summit from now on.
Maybe if you got your story straight from the start you wouldn't have this problem. This is completely on you, if i was no the phone i would tell you to pound sand! Most responsible people don't take time off until they have the parts in hand! Clearly you think that the world revolves around your pathetic life! Well it doesn't and you should be the one saying i am sorry.

Old 08-30-2023, 05:45 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bbrriiaann1973
Maybe if you got your story straight from the start you wouldn't have this problem. This is completely on you, if i was no the phone i would tell you to pound sand! Most responsible people don't take time off until they have the parts in hand! Clearly you think that the world revolves around your pathetic life! Well it doesn't and you should be the one saying i am sorry.
Check post dates,this thread is from 13 years ago.