Want to give up?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 07:41 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Want to give up?

Has anyone else just want to end it with their camaro? I know I sure do, so many problems ever since I got it, if i wasnt knee high in loans for the motor/tranny and the car, this car would be gone, i cant even enjoy it... just my 2 cents..

Old 11-25-2006, 09:04 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: Want to give up?

Back in 83 my sister gave me a 73 Fiat that she drove into the ground. But I was 15 years old and a car was a car to me. Many trips to the u-pull it dismantlers and many problems to work out but I still have that car today. It is just a mechanical thing and sometimes they take thought, patience, and money as well, to keep them as they get old.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4028/167635A4A16D4B05B8C98B7DBD0F0407.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-25-2006, 09:35 PM
In the Staging Lanes

mike... that car looks amazing

Old 11-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Overdrive Member

It looked nothing like that when I started.

Old 11-26-2006, 05:09 PM
2nd Gear member

I want to end it with my current Camaro, but it hurts to do it. Only because it's a money pit, and still has to pass emmisions inspection. If it weren't for that, I'd be fixing it. I wanna get one that's old enough for historics and a carbed motor, so I can build a 1000 ft-lb beast of a SBC for it.

Old 11-26-2006, 06:11 PM
3rd Gear Member

Consider it a right of passage. Everyday I work on my 'Maro, about 3 hours into it, I wind up throwing a fit. When I replace part A, it doesnt fix anything, but now part B doesnt work right...I drop gobs of money, 100 bucks at a time, (Im NOT a well off man). There are NO good junkyards where I live, and all the morons at the parts stores are useless. ( I actually had a guy ask me "Camaro, thats a Chevy, right??) [:'(]

But, at the end of the day, be content that 90% of the people out there cant even change their own oil. And this hobby keeps you busy. So when you get frustrated, do like I do. Grab a beer, make a funny face at your dog, and say "This is supposed to be fun". If its not fun, then why am I doing it? Go inside, take a break, and come back to it. Dont EVER work against the clock or weather ( "Oh crap, I gotta get this door back on before it rains") because thats when you really get pissed at every little problem. Be proud of your work. Most of all, above all else, realize that ALL of us, every one of us on this site, have all gone thu it before....

Good luck.

P.S. - Just in case you DO give up, what size engine do you have? I need a 350!! [:-]

Old 11-26-2006, 07:19 PM
2nd Gear member

Mine's an L03, and I have given up on that one. You can have it for $200, if you want it. It's still a good motor, but it needs electrical work to get the starter to work.