Serious looker

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 01:48 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Serious looker

Indeed, these aren't cheap to maintain, nor are they what I'd consider reliable. A 1992 is 15 years old. Food for thought.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:38 PM
1st Gear Member

But once you do get it running and looking good, mine used to be DARE car, you'll love it! Especially in the summer t-tops down getting looks from everyone is a good feeling.

Old 02-26-2007, 04:21 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Sure, once you get everything fixed it'll be just fine. It's that major tune-up, suspension rework, and interior cleanup/repair that really gets you.

Of course, when you start getting into mods, don't EVER play hard unless you have the money to back up repairs. I don't care how strong your driveline is running now, when you start making more power, you're going to run into problems. Reliable speed is NEVER cheap.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:35 PM
In the Staging Lanes

My first car was a V6 '89 firebird with the 5-speed. My dad wouldn't let me get a V8 cause I would kill myself..lol. It was totaled (I wasn't even in the car when it was) and then I got my 91 Z28. It's definately got more power than the RS's...They aren't that bad to work on...especially since there are still at the point when cars didn't have TONS of computer stuff. But yes, when you start modifying stuff on a 15 year old car, you can't expect everything to work perfectly like a new car. But I really havn't had any issues with mine.