AIR crap, and still need help with my gears

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 05:55 PM
1st Gear Member
Default AIR crap, and still need help with my gears

so ive been wanting to ditch the cat on my car, what should i do with the AIR tube going to the cat? can i just let it hang there or should i plug it? will the car run funny from disconecting this?

also, i still havent been able to find the parts i need to correct my speedo for 3.73 gears, i have a 700R4 with the VSS and am running a 26" tall tire, i dont care about it being 100% accurate, just closer thne what it is

Old 02-25-2007, 11:41 AM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: AIR crap, and still need help with my gears

You should be alright to leave it in there, but if it were me, I'd remove it, just for the sake of never having to see it again. The car won't run funny from removing the AIR. All it does is inject fresh air into the exhaust so as to add oxygen to the cat and allow the second bed to do its job.[/align][/align]As for the speedo, check out this website, they've got a good number of products to correct speedo output on the 700r4.[/align]http://www.transmissioncenter.net/sp...n_______va.htm[/align]

Old 02-25-2007, 02:44 PM
In the Staging Lanes

fluffy you are god! i've been looking for that info too. i really didnt wanna pull apart my tranny to figure out what i needed and that site has it all. thanx man.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:05 PM
1st Gear Member

ok one more question, my fan sensor has been a royal pain, so ive been driving around with my AC on to keep it running, now my question is, last time i had a manual switch wired in and the previous one burnt out, will this one do the same? how long should i keep it running or is it fine to just keep it going?