ricer FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 02:10 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: ricer FAQ

well, ricers are really people, and the cars they have can be rice, but they dont even need to have cars, and some of them dont. and there is no real definition. Its just a matter of bad taste. And what they do to cars is horrible. There are certain ricer words too...that they all use and nobody else does. Like an "aggressive" looking body part and "tuning"(not involving any computer or carb tuning of any kind, just getting more power(tiny bits most of the time) and using the word "JDM" to descirbe parts that arent even from japan, like ebay wheels and wings, clear lights, intakes, etc, like cars come that way from the factory in japan???. And, although everyone does this sometimes, they will always make excuses, every time. If they win, they just beat so and so with so and so(IE - civic vs V8), and if they lose, they werent tuned correctly, you have more cylinders/liters/mods/boost/whatever, my ECU has a virus, etc. There is also the "I dont race on the street" attitude they have, but then you can catch them talking about how they raced other lame cars(geo metro) and won after turning you down. And then there is always the way that parts add more power than they really do. Cold air intakes, spark plugs, ebay chips for 20$ etc, even motor oil always add up to huge power gains with no proof. Oh and everything is about drifitng, drift champions, setting your car up for drifting by taking out your rear seat that weighs 5 lbs, etc. OK rant off - Edit- i have a good idea being both a fan of american and japanese cars, i mean ive owned a turbo supra, a cobalt SS briefly(kind of a rice ride and american at the same time), a badass 350 powered monte carlo, and i now have an 86 2.8 maro and an 88 gmc van, and im gona get a supra again, ive loved them all and have a good idea on both sides of the argument!