ricer FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 10:27 PM
March 2008 ROTM
Default RE: ricer FAQ

one word for ya, stickers. depending on the size, it could add as much as 20 horse man. lol

Old 09-06-2007, 10:51 PM
Overdrive Member

you are correct, that why whenever i add a performance part to my car i always put the sticker on the winsheild it add around 5hp more, and i put the same chevy logo on my window but mine is white and it added 50hp im not lying, if i took all the stickers off my car i would lose almost 100hp

Old 09-07-2007, 08:38 PM
3rd Gear Member

You might be a ricer if:

You have a carbon fiber battery box.[:'(]
You spent 350 dollars on a 'cold air induction' setup and didnt make any mods to exhaust or intake
You have ANY neon lights in, on, or under your car.[&o]
You added a 'universal' spoiler. The bigger the better.
You painted all the little trim parts INSIDE your car to match the outside.[>:]
You put ANY asian 'symbol' decal on your car. Who cares if you dont know what it means.[X(]
You think 120 HP is impressive......
You spent more money on your sound system than you did your initial purchase price of the car.[sm=icon_rock.gif]
You have a chrome fire extinguisher bolted to your window pillar.[sm=icon_flaming.gif]
You have any 'performance look' accessory that attaches wth 3M tape.
You only run ONE windshield wiper, trying to copy the Euro-rally look.
You have a car covered in a 1200 dollar ground effects kit but cant spend the money on a decent paint job, so you spray primed the whole car.[sm=chairshot.gif]

You have your POS ground effects kit held in place with a bungee cord because you crashed into a curb one night while racing a real (American) car.....

Your rims cost more than your living quarters. (apartment, trailer, parents house...mostly your parents house...)

You drive with your seat SO far back that you cant see over the steering wheel.

And the NUMBER ONE way to tell if you are a ricer.................

Your idea of a 'performance mod' is ANY type of muffler tip accessory that
1) Claims to add !!15 bolt on horsepower!!
2) Adds that 'Performance Sound"..............performance sound meaning a cross between a lawnmower and a poorly tuned Japanese motorcycle..........[sm=lame.gif]

Old 09-07-2007, 10:33 PM
1st Gear Member

to me the ricer thing is more appearance than anything, personally i dont feel theres anything wrong with racing a foreign car(otherwise american muscle wouldnt be so cool) i dont have a problem with a guy racing a nice well built asian car, what ticks me off is when you get these cars that look like something out of a cerial box and the muffler is big enough to stick a foot ball in. when the colors on the car look like something a 3 yr old did with a crayon and the spoiler looks like the wing off of a small jet. also when you get the retards with the 4 door cars that think they can whoop up on anything out there.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:30 PM
1st Gear Member

to sum it all up a ricer is any tuner gone wrong. with unmatching paint, ****ty body kits, rims that dont look good on the car, massive ridiculous spoilers and ricer cans.

Old 09-08-2007, 06:48 AM
2nd Gear member

we got plenty of those around here.
although i do know 2 people with a srt-4 and wrx that look and sound cool, plus they're both running good times with over 300hp. i dont know anyone who would think thats a ricer. but the wrx has a huge cannon for a muffler.[:@](but it sounds good)

Old 09-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Overdrive Member

It seems there are slightly different veiws on what a ricer is. May also have to do with where your from. Here it is the product of some ones attempt to make their own fast and the furious car with thier asian import.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:44 PM
1st Gear Member

i thought they were called Rice Burner

[/align]

Old 09-09-2007, 09:57 AM
2nd Gear member

some people call them that. theres ricers, rice burners, rice rockets, and rice eaters. camaros would be the rice eaters.

Old 09-09-2007, 12:02 PM
Tech Droid

Definitions of ricer:

1) a kitchen utensil consisting of a perforated plate in one end of an open cylinder through which foods can be pressed to form long strings.

2) (Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)
A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):
- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

3) From the "Rice Haters Club"
We are a bunch of red-blooded automotive enthusiasts that eat, drink, sleep and **** cars. We believe in doing what ever it is you want to do to your ride, be it a stocker or an all-out dragster, as long as it doesn't veer off into the Ricer World.
What do we consider "Ricer" to be? Well, if you have to ask, you probably shouldn't be here, but I'll humor your inquisitiveness anyway.
Any bone stock ride that is covered in stickers from companies that have nothing to do with that ride is a Ricer.
[ul][*]Any ride with a paint job that looks like something Walt Disney threw-up is a Ricer.[*]Any ride with more bondo than sheet metal is a Ricer.[*]Any ride with undercarriage lighting is a Ricer.[*]Any ride with neon ANYWHERE is a Ricer (beer trucks omitted).[*]Any ride with wheels 3 sizes too small or too large is a Ricer.[*]Fartpipe coffee can exhaust? Ricer.[*]"R" Badges? Ricer.[*]Monster tach in a mechanically stock vehicle? Ricer.[*]Ground effects bought at Home Depot? Ricer.[*]Fake scoops mounted where even real scoops would serve no purpose? Ricer.[*]A spoiler that more resembles a picnic basket handle? Ricer.[*]Aviation parts mounted "for better traction"? Ricer.[*]Defrost ducts painted with latex paint to match the color of the sticker on the brake pads? Ricer. [/ul]