Remote starter

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 01:04 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Remote starter

anyone here install a remote starter on their carbureted camaros?

Old 04-07-2007, 01:16 AM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: Remote starter

An oaky friend of mine ran a push button from the starter, tucked the wires in between the fender and firewall and through the door in his dodge dart.
He said it was cool but the real reason was he could not fix the ignition switch.
I another car he gutted a York A/C compressor and put a universal ignition switch in it and mounted it in between the seats. But that is not quite the worse he did on his 70s' green hornet.[&o]
ohhh the people I know

Old 04-07-2007, 01:35 AM
1st Gear Member

lol. i just dont want to install it and it work sometimes and not. cause from time to time i have to prime my carb before it starts.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:43 AM
Overdrive Member

Oh you want a starter button under the hood for when you prime? Why do you have to prime it?

Old 04-07-2007, 01:57 AM
1st Gear Member

i have a remote starter that you can put on your key chain. and i dont know why i have to prime it. my dad has always told me to hit the gas once or twice before starting. ive done that for all the cars ive driven without fuel injectors. and my camaro wont start right off the bat unless i tap the gass a few times. is that a bad thing? i had to do it in my buick too. same model year. 4bbl carb v6

Old 04-07-2007, 02:15 AM
Overdrive Member

Oh the remote starter key chain thing. My bad. I am old and dont think of that new fangled stuff. lol
On my carbed Camaro I had it working so good one pump in the morning and it would start just fine. The pump would squirt a little fuel and set the chokw which also opens the throttle a little bit for a high idle to warm it up.

Old 04-07-2007, 02:51 AM
1st Gear Member

i have my high idle set well for just listening, i need a tach to se it properly. my normal idle is a little fast too. and i cant change my air fuel mixture because i dont have the right tool for it. its not a normal screw. its like this ([]). dont look at it like it has a recess for a flat screw driver. that midsection protrudes. you would need a special tool or a pair of needle nose pliers. and the pliers wont fit around all the hosing and still function correctly. i can try to fabricate a special tool i guess.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:00 AM
Overdrive Member

There are tools and you might be able to get one from an autoparts for cheap. I have a couple. A socket and the best is one on the end of a flex cable that allows you to make a little angle to adjust. I'll go in the garage and take a pic of it now if I can find it.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:14 AM
Overdrive Member

This is the tool for adjusting carbs. one ond has a hex and the other has the double "D" type shape. The big black part slides over the end that is not being used and acts as a **** for turning.and the part that holds the two ends is flexable. I think it was by Threxton, thexton, something like that.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4028/CDA74ACF9C374CB283071A5B10C765F7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-07-2007, 11:12 AM
1st Gear Member

thats exactly what i need. omg. ill go to the parts store within the next few days to see about getting it.

Quick Reply: Remote starter