Please Help! I dont know whats going on!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 08:10 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner
Default RE: Please Help! I dont know whats going on!

ORIGINAL: MadMikeZ28
I had some brake cleaner that left a residue. But now that I think about it I think it was some citrius based stuff.
Must be that "special" Californi elixir! [8D]
Your brake cleaner has citrus juice in it? And I suppose your citrus juice comes with brake cleaner in it too?
With the brake cleaner, be sure to use the stuff that says "fast drying". That won't leave a residue. That "other" stuff could make an orange tree start to grow in your rearend! [:@]

Old 11-17-2008, 10:05 AM
March 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: Camaro 69

ORIGINAL: MadMikeZ28
I had some brake cleaner that left a residue. But now that I think about it I think it was some citrius based stuff.
Must be that "special" Californi elixir! [8D]
Your brake cleaner has citrus juice in it? And I suppose your citrus juice comes with brake cleaner in it too?
With the brake cleaner, be sure to use the stuff that says "fast drying". That won't leave a residue. That "other" stuff could make an orange tree start to grow in your rearend! [:@]
oh i would be PISSSSSSED if i had a tree grow in my rear end.. haha

that 10 bolt is everythere. check on craigslist for one. i even have my old one for sale if you want to buy it. and then drive out here to get it. lol

Old 11-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Overdrive Member

Nah I just got a dingle berrie bush growing in my rear. [&:]
That stuff I got in bulk from a motorcycle parts distributer. My former partner sprayed some on his finger and tasted it (the moron) and said it had a tatse of oranges as well. ( and a few other flavors)

Old 11-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Oh yuck! Thanks a lot for painting that nice picture, I just had lunch.....twice now! [:-]
And ingesting that cleaner can cause brain damage. I guess it was already too late for your former "partner".

Old 11-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Overdrive Member

Well I certainly hope you did not have the Captain Cruch, Crunch Berrie cereal. Where do you think they get the berries from. Marketing suggested that dingle berrie crunch would not sell to good.
Yeah and my former partner liked to smell the paint thinners and prep liquids also.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Ok stop with the snaps you two Tho its fun to watch anyways... hmm nvm but Alright I'll get the right stuff to clean it and some RP oil as well. Im also getting all the tires and steering parts looked at as well tomarow.

Stupid f***ing bank The guy I need to talk to about loan isnt there and I dont have time for another f***ing week then I'll probably have to wait a month for the money anyways............

Old 11-18-2008, 12:44 AM
1st Gear Member

are we talken cars or drugs? ( watchs the pretty colors flow by).

Old 11-18-2008, 02:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Okay then.... moving on.... How do I tell what my gear ratio is? as I like the current gearing in it
And can I just replace the gears and bearings then call it good? if I can then 350rs would you be willing to sell me the gears?

Old 11-18-2008, 01:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Ok. Does anyone know what the gear ratio would be and the number of splines so I can order a new gear set or an entire rear end.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Overdrive Member

You can look for the numbers stamped on the gears or just could the teeth on the ring and the teeth on the pinion and do the math.
You should also have 26 spline axle shafts in the ten bolt. But in 90 they werechanged to 28. Now since yours is an 89 there is always a slight chance that you will have an oddball meaning either 26 or 28.

Quick Reply: Please Help! I dont know whats going on!