oldest forum of them all the tbi to carb

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 10:07 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default oldest forum of them all the tbi to carb

alright so i have a 89 camaro rs i used to be on hear all the time last year now im getting back on
but anyways

i have a slightly modded 305 .500 cam in her 305 h.o heads and well i have played an played with the tbi unit to make get the best tune had the prom done over and over all though this summer and now its getting old juss turing it carb'd cuz tbi falls off towards high rpms and the cam doesnt kick in till about 2800rpms

So now i want to get technicle with this swap i have done my reseach so far but everyone leaves out all the minor things and i want it to look show quality like the rest the car becuz iits all orginal and has 63k miles on it.
so i have found one page on it http://www.thirdgen.org/carbswap so now i know all the fuel pump issuse and ignition like what i need and that sorta thing i got carb and manifold now lets talk WIRING this is the biggest pain i no how to do the basics but i hate getting technical with it..

should i juss buy a 18 circuit wiring harness and juss throw it in the car and redo the whole car but thats alot of exta work which is ok and alll but yeah u guys know were im going with this

or should i juss do where i basicly cut out what i dont need?
but then i leave the computer n and that sorta thing to make a complete circut sorta thing or am i wrong on that?

well basicly if u guys can give me sugestions or how you have done it and that sorta thing let me no or how u set up ur cars after u have modfied them and the fuel system?

Thanks in advance for anyhelp given

and this thread can help them future swapers sense alot of ppl do this swap or atleast ask about it