How hard is it to get a title for a car with no title

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 09:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Default How hard is it to get a title for a car with no title

i was wandering, i might be getting an 89 camaro that has no title as a parts car when i get a primary project. the title got burnt by the sellers brother cause he was movin out and his brother didnt like that. my question is , if the 89 is in better shape then what my project would be , then how hard would i tbe to get a title for the car.

Old 10-15-2006, 09:20 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: How hard is it to get a title for a car with no title

in doing a title search you may run into something you don't want to like unpaid cash. Sick

Old 10-15-2006, 09:44 PM

i was talking to some friends about this and have some experience too. well if you can get a hold of the guy witout the title and get him to go to the dmv with you its really easy. all you do is go down have the license plate number. tell them your filing for a lost title and also want to transfer it. give them the license plate number they will pull up the car print a sheet. your friend will send one sheet saying hes signing it over. then you sign one saying your transfering it to your name. REAL EASY TRUST ME. now if its been sold several times without a title or cant get a hold of the person. theres legal isuese that you can do. you go down to the dmv or police dept. cant remember. well you tell them you want to file for a lost title they will send a paper to the last owner asking them if they want to claim the car. if they dont respond back in the time 30days i belive then they send you the ok to get the title and you take that to the dmv and thats all. alot more complicated and tougher.

Old 10-15-2006, 10:03 PM
1st Gear Member

sounds pretty easy. i know the person who owns the car, they are going to sell it to me for 175.00 i believe is what she said her son wants for it . well when i get the car i will let you guys know how its going .

Old 10-15-2006, 11:27 PM
3rd Gear Member

I had a fun time with the Secratary of State (Michigan doesn't have a separate DMV) and I got a VIN verification and had an officer verify that the VIN matches the vehicle and that has not been stolen or involved with anything illegal. I had just paid for the title transfer. There are also Title companies that will do the work for you if there is an issue.

Old 10-16-2006, 09:11 PM
1st Gear Member

talked to the owners mom today. hasnt seen her son yet to talk to him, but did find find out that over the weekend some guys came and busted the windows out of the car with concrete blocks, man i cant catch a break even though i didnt need the glass, the 86 i had before got the hatch busted out by my 13 year old cousin, and my aunt and uncle tryed to blame it on my sisters boy friend, needless to say i dont talk to those dirt bags any more, not that i wont stop there when they arent home to bust out the wind shield of my uncles prized 86 blazer which is a piece of trash. oh well , hopefully with no windows, that will nock the price down a wee bit.

Old 10-16-2006, 09:16 PM
1st Gear Member

in ny to get title is only 10dollars but if theres a lean or sumthin. watch out