HELP.. need to pass smog

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Default HELP.. need to pass smog

Hello ive looked over these forums for a while, and now that i have a problem decided to make me a name. I own a 91 camaro rs, its an auto 6 . Here in california smog regulationsare rediculous. I passed emmsiosions but cannot pass this new "pressure test." I dont know how many of you have encountered this or know what it is, so basically they hook up this thing where your gas cap goes, then pressurize your tank, then this pressure goes through your fuel lines and through your smog system(?) in your car. If any thing leaks it fails you. So my question is, is there a common place where it leaks or something goes bad that would be causing me to fail??

Old 04-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: HELP.. need to pass smog

It basicly is testing to see if you have any hoises off the evap or for any that may be cracked or leaking. Since its a new test your technician may be doing it wrong. The tech needs to clamp off the hose at the charcoal canister or else it is obviously going to ail as the canister is open at the bottom and only has a filter there. Also check your hoses around there and near the tank.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:03 PM

yeah i followed the four lines that come from the gas tank. and folowed the one to the canister thing and it was cracked right before the tank pressure sensor? im not sure but it was leaking. is this the problem?

Old 04-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: carkook

yeah i followed the four lines that come from the gas tank. and folowed the one to the canister thing and it was cracked right before the tank pressure sensor? im not sure but it was leaking. is this the problem?
Sounds like it could be.