help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Default help?

Originally Posted by microkid
check to make sure the bolts on the torque convertor are tight, there are three. does the noise change at all, and when does it change (besides rpm). reverse, nuetral, drive, park? how does it sound when cranking? ive encountered loose bolts before and it sounded just like a rod knock, but would go away for a split second when changing gears
thanks for all your feed back on this, i am going to check out the flex plate when the wether gets better. when reving it up the noise goes away and most of the time when i put it into drive the noise goes away. the engine also runs hot. there are no metal shavings in the oil either.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Default help?

Originally Posted by 86sbZ28
Could be a main bearing or rod bearing does the sound speed up or go away when you rev it up?
thanks for all your feed back on this, i am going to check out the flex plate when the wether gets better. when reving it up the noise goes away and most of the time when i put it into drive the noise goes away. the engine also runs hot. there are no metal shavings in the oil either.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:38 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

to see if theres metal in the oil you need to cut the oil filter open and unfold the pleated part of the filter. u can look at it and or use a magnet to really check.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:12 AM

yeah i already checked to see if there was any metal in there. I think it might be a cracked flexplate