It dosnt love me anymore?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 12:21 AM
Default It dosnt love me anymore?

So i had some recent problems with my 1988 V8 5.0 305 TBI 5 speed camaro and thanks to some of you I was able to work through them. Now I have a new hopefully simple problem arise. I just adjusted the timing on the car and took it for a test drive. When I try to accelerate slowly the car does fine, but say I wanted to race and accelerate faster the car shutters and shakesand feels like its going to stall. I adjusted the timing, which I am not sure that its on the right degree (6 degrees is the asked setting), but it is a little better the RPM guageidles on about10,000 rpm/m to where when I adjusted it the first time it sat on about 5,000 rpm/m. I have no idea what could cause it to shudder. Ohh.... and the RPM gauge tweaks out a little to, it bounces around just about 45,000 RPM/m. any help would be appreciated, I am so close to getting my baby back on the pavement..

Old 03-16-2007, 02:27 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: It dosnt love me anymore?

I hope youre just putting too many zeros in there, cause if youre taking the engine into 45000 RPMs, thats the reason the car isnt liking you.

As far as your problem, my Camaro has never done that to me, but in my old bug, when it did it, it was a timing problem. Check all of your plug wires and make sure theyre going to the right places, and tinker with the timing. I could be wrong, but thats what it sounds like to me.

Old 03-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Default RE: It dosnt love me anymore?

Thanks. I messed with the timing a little bit and it got better as far as the RPM gauge is concearned. I was able to get the timing almost perfect although the car still has the same problem. when it is idle the car seems to be perfect, but as soon as I drive it the RPM gauge drops lower and the car infact stalled out. I found a vaccum plug that was unplugged and plugged it in although it didnt seem like it changed anything. Im not understanding why it does this. If i could have show it. it would be easier to explain. for the most part the car drives when I change gears or accelerate the car shutters like its going to stall (sometimes does) but in nuetral it seems to be fine before i drive it. could this be do to bad spark plugs? bad fuel filter? bad oil filter? I have all of that and am ready to replace them. If it is as simple as a vaccum leak how do I find out?