Old 02-26-2008, 05:02 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: ******* on the Third Gen Camaro

Don't forget here also.

http://thirdgentech.com/

Old 02-26-2008, 05:09 PM
1st Gear Member

You could also start a yahoo group since basically a e-mail grp, we could go the IM route also. I use all of them Yahoo, ICQ/AOL , MSN etc.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:30 PM
March '09 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Idon'tuse the IM very much but that would get the word out i was thinking of starting a web page for the group once we got a name for it and an ideaof were we wanted it to go with it after the first meeting, like do we want to include the TA's Firebirds or make it an all around Chevy Club. What do you think?

Old 02-26-2008, 06:44 PM
1st Gear Member

personally I would keep it F-body specific but your forming it, not me. So that means you get to pick :P

Vince

Old 02-26-2008, 08:57 PM
March '09 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

well i think a vote at the first meeting would be in order i would prefer to keep it an F-body club the only reasone i would suggest a all chevy club is because there is not really one in the area. the one club that i joined ICA is pretty much dead. but if they get started again i really don't want to compete with them or continue with them. I thank an F-body club is what it should be.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:45 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I'd join you..but im pretty far lol Around here I don't tend to get any heat about my Camaro being a 3rd gen. Mostly because the Car is nice, and has less miles than most everyones new Ford and I'm known for having it. I like the thrid gen a lot though because I feel Its a car I can really connect with. Im 19. My Camaro is an 85. Same decade. For me, its like dating an older girl who always has something to give, never gives you crap, is always liked and that I love. I think its a great balance of tech, and old school, with a Half modern sport car look, and half muscle car look. And its still a Camaro

Old 02-27-2008, 10:17 AM
March '09 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I was in fourteen when may 84 came out by the time I was able to drive the IROC were out and I loved them then couldn’t afford one but I wanted one. Over the years I went through may different cars a Ford Dodge Chevy and Nissan were the main cars the one thing I can tell you is a Chevy is easier to work on and you can get more power for you buck. I will never buy a Dodge again especially a new one they are absolute garbage.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:08 PM

Here in Ohio the 3rd gens are just starting to get some respect at some of the shows, especially the early Z-28's. Mine is an 82 that I have owned since 84 and is still being worked on and updated. I in the process of building a 400motor for it and the car has been extensively modified. The paint is still the original paint scheme that was redone in 1994, with with silver ground effects, a 2 1/2" cowl hood, with a 5" rear spoiler. The car has the t-tops with the original maroon interior auto meter gauges, aftermarket steering wheel and a B+M shifter. I am usually one of the only 3rd gens to show up at most shows since most people don't think they are show worthy. I love the way these cars handle when you set them up for it and mine is, handles like it is on rails.. Good luck with club start up. I belong to the NEOCC, Northeastern Ohio Camaro Club.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:30 PM
March '09 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Do you have any pic's it sounds like you have done a lot of work on that 82. You mention the handle on the third gens. The 84 that i own has been lower 2" in the front and 1.5" in the rear with all new energy suspension bushing though out. the car ride's just like a go kartlow and fast one hell of a ride

I Just started the Treasure Valley F-Body's Club here in Idaho, the first meeting will be on April 5 in Nampa, Idaho at the Wal Mart off of Garrity, across from the Idaho Center at 10 am, if anybody is interested just pm or e-mail me at tvfbodys@yahoo.comand let me know

Old 03-04-2008, 04:23 PM
1st Gear Member

I know how you guys feel, I have a 80 2nd gen and I want to take it to classic car shows but I don't know how everyone would take it. I get tons of complements. There are car shows in the summer on wednesdays and thursdays. I wouldnt consider my car a sport car or performance, its way heavy for that. It eats gas put in like $100 of gas this week alone.I like the 3rd gen look but I like the 2nd gen slightly better. Whatwould you guys consider my car? its an80 so its not really that classic. I mean it is 8 years older than me but its not a1st gen.