Car failed inspection, and I need everyones help

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 11:27 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: Car failed inspection, and I need everyones help

im trusting my dad to install my brake pads, rotors, and bearings. luckily, it goes right into inspection after im done.

Old 11-29-2006, 12:08 AM
3rd Gear Member

You guys got REALLY strict laws down there!!! I love MI, no emissions testing and only state troopers pull you over for stupid ****.

Old 11-29-2006, 12:46 AM
Overdrive Member

After some of the **** I have seen I almost wish there were inspections here. Like the nerve of people to drive down the road, smash into some one and then admit they knew thier brakes did not work. I think that is worse than drunk driving because you are not under any influenc and should be able to make better decsisions

Old 11-29-2006, 12:51 AM
2nd Gear member

Agreed. I've been pushing for yearly inspections that are slightly more lax than the one time we have now. I could care less about the **** that's coming out of the tailpipe, I can go around that, but no brakes kill people NOW.

Old 11-29-2006, 11:35 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

well, the hawk hps brake pads dont fit. they are designed not to be used with an oem style, vented rotor. they are about half an inch too thick to fit over the rotor. and the company i bought them from are only going to give me store credit. what am i going to do with $100 store credit from a company i dont trust or dont need parts from?

Old 11-30-2006, 12:47 AM
2nd Gear member

Well WTF did they make a performance pad for a 2 ton car designed for non-vented rotors for? That's retarded. I would call them on the stupidity of the product and tell them you'll never buy from them again unless they give you a cash or credit refund.

Old 11-30-2006, 03:13 AM
Overdrive Member

Notify the Better Business Bureau and let them contact Hawks. The BBB will inform them of your complaint and what you want done then notify you with the options given. Some people rather deal with it than have a mark against them for others to see. You can even check and see if they had prior complaints. Then smack yourself for buying $100 dollar brake pads.

Old 11-30-2006, 12:52 PM
2nd Gear member

Oh yeah, I completely forgot that part. The only way you should be spending that much on pads is for sintered metalics, and since you aren't A: Flying a plane B: Racing Circle Track or C:Racing Indy cars, you don't need, or want, for that matter, sintered metalics. $70 should be the most you ever spend unless you've got a custom brake system with 4, 6 or 8 piston calipers.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:49 PM
Overdrive Member

Some people like pads that tear up thier rotors. Or its like that thing where kids used to leave the price tags on thier clothing so they can show how much THIER PARENTS spent on them.

Old 12-01-2006, 06:15 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

WWHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?
many of you guys recomended me to get the hawk hps pads. and it was $100 for all 8 pads

Quick Reply: Car failed inspection, and I need everyones help