Brake HELP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 01:38 PM
Default Brake HELP!!!!!!

Ok broke so here is the deal I need help apparently the other day some thing in my break system broke. I'm being told its a clip or a bracket or some thing. Here’s what happened. ZERO break pressure apparently a clip ???? that’s what its being called by the repair shop any way broke either on the pedal assembly or behind the fire wall I have no ****en idea where. Any one know what this could be they are acting like its irreplaceable even with a Brand new brake assembly. I figured I would just tell them to buy a whole new assembly but they are saying with out this piece that my car is pretty much ****.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Maybe the clip that locks the petal into the booster? Hit up the junkyard and see if you can get one there.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:39 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

For it to trash your car it has to be something that would connect the booster to the fire wall. This would mean metal repair on the firewall. Most mechanics would not attemp that repair. It is more of a bodyman/restoration thing.

Anything made from metal can be repaired. The biggest issue is welding around carpet and wires. Removing the wiring and carpet is the biggest part of the job.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:23 AM
In the Staging Lanes

This exact thing happened to me on the freeway except it was my clutch! I press it to shift to third off of the on ramp and a little click sound and then no pressure whatsoever but i looked up another forum and found this solution I took off the cover under the dash where the pedals are and just look around and play around where the brake pedal connects and what I did was replace that plastic clip with 3 tiny zip ties. Why 3? Because that's how much I could stuff into the hole. the only thing I don't like is that the clutch squeaks every time I press it. But other than that it works like a dream. If your a tall guy like me be prepared for a very uncomfortable experience. But I recommend someone helping you out because you might need someone to hold the pedal in place so you could put the zip ties. Yeah I know this is a Mickey mouse solution to the problem but I have seen the clip that broke on me and I gotta say, it was pretty scrawny for the amount of pressure you apply when you press the clutch. And 3 zip ties are pretty damn strong! I don't know if this is what's wrong with your brake pedal but it's sure worth a try!

Last edited by Paul86iroc; 12-22-2012 at 10:28 AM.