Is this 86 iroc worth saveing need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 07:35 AM
4th Gear Member

It dose have unbroken tail lights, and that may be a big factor in restoring it. Don't belive all these nay sayers. Nothing like a good project car to occupy your time.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:11 AM
3rd Gear Member

Well, Ive watched the thread for a day now to see where it goes......that car needs to go to a junkyard. It is beyond repair. As stated earlier, its a parts car, not for a project. Keep looking, 3rd gens are plentiful, in running condition, for under 2k.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Banned
Location: Raised in Tilton NH now residing in Kings Mountain KY

All do respect black87 the OP asked for opinions. That car would be an enormous money pit of a project. It's nearly stripped and what's left is what no one needed or wanted. He could easily do much better. I'm not trying to be a naysayer, just trying to advise. You are right about the tail lights though. The seller states he'd sell parts of the car. I'd offer him 20 for the lights and let him scrap the rest.

Last edited by Pablo63; 05-02-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:45 PM
August 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

There would be no point to start with a car in that bad of condition. You can get a running third gen. for 600 to 1000. So I would just keep looking. sorry.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:28 PM

wow lots of responses idk it be like building from frame up jus dont wanna see it get junked

Old 05-02-2010, 05:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Well I dont know about where your from but here he wouldnt get $300 from the junkyard. If you want it that bad Id offer to take it off his hands and then he wouldnt have to bother hauling it down to the junkyard. I wouldnt give him any money unless it has good parts that you need for another Camaro you already have

Old 05-02-2010, 09:25 PM

ya thats the thing and im in maryland every car is pretty much rusted to hell and back down here but idk still conserding and ya crazyrays gives 300 for cars

Old 05-02-2010, 10:29 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pablo63
All do respect black87 the OP asked for opinions. That car would be an enormous money pit of a project. It's nearly stripped and what's left is what no one needed or wanted. He could easily do much better. I'm not trying to be a naysayer, just trying to advise. You are right about the tail lights though. The seller states he'd sell parts of the car. I'd offer him 20 for the lights and let him scrap the rest.
Dude, dont worry about apologizing to black87. He never has anything nice to say about anything. Seriously, all he does is bash everyone else here. (find me a post and prove me wrong!) But the fact of the matter here is he is RIGHT. This camaro is a ****box.......total wreck. Its only value is a few trim parts and maybe some glass. Like black87 stated, the taillights may be the ONLY salvageable parts on this car.........

Old 05-02-2010, 10:55 PM
August 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by urmomsmin3
wow lots of responses idk it be like building from frame up jus dont wanna see it get junked
Some cars need to be junked, like this one. Seeing since there's no frame on a third gen, you'd be starting with nothing from your logic.

Maybe you should buy it. It will be a good learning experience when you realize the car is way past saving. At least $300 isn't a whole lot of money to be out of. The car has been picked over. I got a nicer car than that for FREE. It was an 88 RS with a solid body. The guy completely tore the car apart, then realized he was in way over his head. I kept the car on hand for a year for anything I needed, then I stripped everything that was worth keeping and sent it to the junk yard. I doubt that guy even has a title for the car, he sounds like HE knows it's a parts car.

I bought my 83 Z28 with a running 305, complete interior, and solid body (no rust) for $900. That's a big step up from rusted pile of junk with no engine and a beat up/missing interior.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:21 AM
1st Gear Member

You know i made a mistake like this once. I so badly wanted a project that I traded my pickup for a 63 international scout that didnt run and needed everything restored. I just started to scratch the surface when I realized that I could but 2 or three Scouts in pretty good shape for how much its going to cost to restore that one. So i traded a $1500 pickup for a scout I sold for $400 But hey lesson learned

Quick Reply: Is this 86 iroc worth saveing need opinions