Second-gen upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 12:54 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Second-gen upgrade

ORIGINAL: ph0enix

I just got my '74 Z28, and I want to do something a little more, well, modern with the suspension. I was wondering if anyone on here has any suggestions as to where to go on that subject.
Depending on what you are looking to get out of it and your budget, you may be pleasantly surprised in the improvement by simply replacing the worn out parts of your old suspension with new ones. I just replaced my old springs with stock rated Eatons, shocks with Edelbrock IAS classics, bushings with a combination of some poly & some rubber, new tie rods & new Moog ball joints. No complaints.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:51 PM
1st Gear Member

What should I do to help my 2nd gen camaro take bumps better?

Old 01-25-2008, 09:31 AM
3rd Gear Member

first and cheapest thing should always be a good quality set of shocks

Old 01-25-2008, 01:17 PM
1st Gear Member

ok where isa good place to buy them from?

Old 01-26-2008, 08:32 AM

so let me get this right your "extensive research" means companies that have received best new product awards,given out at shows by journalists [:'(]that means NOTHING! I point to factual, technical and mechanical atributes of these products you point to polished turds at googoo eyed show reporting magazine articles, but I see this board seems to have a lot more to do about name droping and bling bling than anything else and the sade thing is that there are a lot of well intended newbees here trying to get info but are just being feed the latest "pimp my ride junk" from "it worked for me" shade tree mechanics that won't tell you how long "it" worked for them or how safe it is, just like the statement about the rack on street rods well if you believe your Camaro is a street rod you're dead in the water fromd the start so learn something about suspension geometry,and basic phisics and wieghtsand you'll agree with me!

Old 01-26-2008, 09:53 PM
February 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ORIGINAL: 79T/Aman

so let me get this right your "extensive research" means companies that have received best new product awards,given out at shows by journalists [:'(]that means NOTHING! I point to factual, technical and mechanical atributes of these products you point to polished turds at googoo eyed show reporting magazine articles, but I see this board seems to have a lot more to do about name droping and bling bling than anything else and the sade thing is that there are a lot of well intended newbees here trying to get info but are just being feed the latest "pimp my ride junk" from "it worked for me" shade tree mechanics that won't tell you how long "it" worked for them or how safe it is, just like the statement about the rack on street rods well if you believe your Camaro is a street rod you're dead in the water fromd the start so learn something about suspension geometry,and basic phisics and wieghtsand you'll agree with me!
The factual and technical BS you refer to comes from where? A league of engineers that wouldn't know a hotrod if it passed them on the freeway. Book smart and real world stupid is a term that comes to mind. Streetrodders,,,You would do well to learn from them. The old duffers that built the old cars were experimenters and innovators. They did not just rehash the part Detroit sold them, they found new ways to use parts dependably. I suppose you have a problem with blowers and turbos since they were first used on diesels, not cars. Narrow-minded thinking does not promote advancement.
You ought to be careful about labeling people here, there are professionals here as well as weekend warriors. A lot of "shade tree mechanics" are damn fine people and have a more open mind than yourself on trying something new. Everyone here shares a love for the automobile this forum is named for, it is doubtful anyone came here to be handed your propaganda geared towards selling the parts on your website. As a salesman, you failed. If it is your wish to start disrespecting those on the forum maybe you belong somewhere else.
Ever since you came here you have stuck your two cents into every thread concerning suspension claiming to be an "expert". On every post you plug your website, if you want advertising, pay for it like the folks on the top and right side of the page.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:40 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1980rscamaro619

ok where isa good place to buy them from?
call summit racing 800 230 3030. they will help youout a lot and they are the cheapest around. just tell them what you are looking for

Old 01-27-2008, 09:51 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 79T/Aman

I am now all done with you. I told you that you came off as kind of an ***, but I let that go, and even said no hard feelings 'this time'. you now continue to saythe same crap. as I always say (if you read any of my posts), I don't give advice without firsthand experience. you say that people are being fed the latest "pimp my ride junk', but again....if you took the time to read my posts, you would know that I never advise that type of crap. I always want to see these kids do the unglamourous stuff first, just so their cars are safe, and then hope they do the right thing from there

as a final thought, I am 100% behind JRs72RSon his thoughts about you. you have the stones to put everyone else down, and then have a link to your own site? time to warn EVERYONE against going to that one. nice job, assclown! I'd love to see how you deal with a customer when they have an issue