I need new shocks has anyone delt with these guys before

Old 10-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Default I need new shocks has anyone delt with these guys before

I am looking at buying some replacment shocks for my 81' camaro Z28. Anybody have ideas on where to buy them online ( best places )

Old 10-30-2007, 11:48 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: I need new shocks has anyone delt with these guys before

I got a great deal on my Edelbrock IAS Classics at AutoAnyhing.com.
http://www.autoanything.com/suspensi...?from_search=1

Old 10-30-2007, 03:20 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I just replaced them my self in my garage. It was much easier than I thought it would be. I tried to loosen the bottom mounting bolts, andthey just spin. So I used a reciprocating saw and just cut them, popped out the old ones and bolted up the new ones. Word of advice, if you are truely replacing shocks, then you are talking about the rear of your vehicle. Before you tear your trunk area apart like I did trying to find the top mounting bolt, fold down your rear seat and lift up the carpet. They aren't in the trunk. I thought they would be near the rear seatbelt mounts, so I took my trunk all apart trying to find the top nut. Hope that helps a lil, It took me a total of 30 min per side for the shocks and springs, make sure you rent a coil spring compressor from your local auto part store. BE CAREFULL!!!! with the compressor! It can be dangerous!

Old 12-15-2007, 10:56 AM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cjsuret

So I used a reciprocating saw and just cut them, popped out the old ones and bolted up the new ones. Word of advice, if you are truely replacing shocks, then you are talking about the rear of your vehicle.
not busting your ***** here or anything but your info could scare someone away easily. first off, all you have to do is put a wrench on the top of the shocks (under the nut) and they should come off easily withouta sawzall. secondly, why would they have to be replaing the rears? shocks come in the fronts also, in case you didn't know.

shocks came in the frontends of Camaros up until 1981, struts didn't come into play until the 3rd generation

Before you tear your trunk area apart like I did trying to find the top mounting bolt, fold down your rear seat and lift up the carpet. They aren't in the trunk. I thought they would be near the rear seatbelt mounts, so I took my trunk all apart trying to find the top nut. Hope that helps a lil, It took me a total of 30 min per side for the shocks and springs, make sure you rent a coil spring compressor from your local auto part store. BE CAREFULL!!!! with the compressor! It can be dangerous!
also, a spring compressor is NOT needed to change a shock. it is needed (most peopledon't even use them) only when changing out springs.

hope this cleared some stuff up for any of the beginners out there that were scared off by the original post

Old 01-03-2008, 08:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Bamaro

My uncle checked em out when he was looking for a bedrug

Old 01-03-2008, 08:15 PM

ORIGINAL: jwoo06

ORIGINAL: Bamaro

My uncle checked em out when he was looking for a bedrug
ha ha whats a bedrug