Hard to explain?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Default Hard to explain?!?!

I have a 79 Z28.. here's somethings i have done to the interior. This is just the interior only.

First i have replaced the water pump and fan pulleys with an electric fan and pump. I wired Both of them to one of those aero switches inside on my console near my shifter, that way to start the camaro you have to flip the water pump and wait a few mins when the temp warms up and then turn the fan on..
Alsoi installed 2 hood lights and a switch also inside the camaro, havent figured out where to put the switch, probably under the steering column. That way when i raise my hood i canflip my switch from inside and the lights come on under the hood so you can see the motor. i am in the process of getting another battery and hooking it up so i have 2 batteries, oneis for starter alternator etc. the other would be for the stero and some accessories. Also i am looking for some digital gauges for speedometer, oil, temp etc. have found a couple places but i would have to send my gauge to them and they fix it for digital and send it back, that costs around 1,000 Dollars, but i'll wait and see what presents itself to me before then. Any Ideas from anyone. My CD Player is a touch screen, with a good amp. Neither has been installed yet as i am waiting for body work paint and then interior.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:15 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Hard to explain?!?!

dakotadigital.com does them, but if you don't want to send the gauges off, you'll have to measure the sizes you'll need and install them yourself. However, it sounds like working on it yourself is hardly an issue. Not sure if you've looked at them, but if you haven't, check them out. I've heard a lot of good stuff about them. Me, I like my gauges. They're out of an '81, but oh well.