1970 Z-28 OER Dash Issues

Old 03-10-2017, 06:58 PM
Default 1970 Z-28 OER Dash Issues

So I'm in the process of restoring the interior of my '70 Z-28 and recently purchased an OER dash pad unit from Classic Industries. The original gauge cluster bucket and cover fit like sh*t and the plastic underside pieces do not line up with the recessed area without leaving an overhang on the passenger side. In addition, the plastic section under the steering wheel won't meet up with the glove box section and leaves a gap. Has anyone experienced similar issues as me? And if so could you share some insight on what I can do to rectify this problem?

Old 03-10-2017, 07:57 PM
Former Sponsor
Default Second Gen Camaro - OER Dash Install Tips

Originally Posted by Horgie
So I'm in the process of restoring the interior of my '70 Z-28 and recently purchased an OER dash pad unit from Classic Industries. The original gauge cluster bucket and cover fit like sh*t and the plastic underside pieces do not line up with the recessed area without leaving an overhang on the passenger side. In addition, the plastic section under the steering wheel won't meet up with the glove box section and leaves a gap. Has anyone experienced similar issues as me? And if so could you share some insight on what I can do to rectify this problem?
Hello Horgie,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties. Here is a link to some helpful hints on this subject.

Repro Dash Installation Tips

Read through it and see if it helps. I think one of the hints that may help, is that they say it is easier to install as much as you can outside of the car and then finish the installation by moving it into the car after the assembly.

If you continue to have issues, perhaps some pictures could help explain your challenges in greater detail.

And, don't forget that we do have a tech center here at CI that you can call if you are not able to complete the job with helpful hints from forum members.

Feel free to PM me here if I can be of further assistance.

Old 03-14-2017, 04:52 PM

I'm actually speaking of pre-assembly, prior to paint then installation. The underside plastic overhangs on the right side and the piece beneath the steering column is off by about 1/2" of center to the right as well.