What's NOT wrong w/ our car....

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 06:45 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr
Default RE: What's NOT wrong w/ our car....

I agree with t9ojetpilot and z28pete. Get a good manual, haynes is only good for if you are going to to just the most basic servicing on the car and need info like timing and some tolerances, other wise its very generic. I have a chiltons and the only thing its missing is the wiring, so I got the factory service maunal and the factory assembly manual. Nice looking ride by the way.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:19 PM

I agree with the above posts on getting a good manual. In a pinch though I'd have to say you might want to replace the voltage regulator. After a new wiring harnes on my 64 chevelle it all boiled down to replaceing the voltage regulator....doh. Anything you do to your car is well worth it.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:03 PM
1st Gear Member

to reduce the hassle of finding what goes where, if you want to, i would recommend getting a new harness, at www.painlessperformance.com they make there own harnesses for old cars, you might have some luck on that, i've heard that they are quiteinexpensivebut there products are amazing, good luck.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:34 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

From above. 700 bucks though. eeeesh
http://www.shopatron.com/product/par...476.8443.0.0.0

Old 10-20-2007, 10:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Why is it always you look at a old camaro or go to buy a used camaro the wiring harnesses are always chopped or butchered under the dash. When Ibought my camaro the wiring was cut and chopped and pecied back together. I dont get it

Old 10-21-2007, 10:05 AM
2nd Gear member

I got luky with mine, It was completely unmolested and, aside from the scratched rear window defroster, everything still works. I would suggest, that, if it's too much of a mess, Painless makes a complete kit.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:46 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Unmolested... good term.. hahaha. Well Brian fixed the gas gauge, happened to be getting something out of the trunk and noticed two things not connected.. hooked them up and what do ya' know.. the gas gauge started working... haahaha. So now we have it running (replaced the battery.. worked wonders.. ) and the gas gauge is working so it's all progress. Just need to figure out the horn. But I'll pick your brains on that one in another post. Got the white wax off where they had marked the paint chips and used the brillo pad on the chrome which worked great too. Now if only I could get the seat closer so I could reach the gas pedal without stretching... I can dream can't I???

Old 10-28-2007, 01:14 AM

make sure you disconect your battery at night...you wouldn't wanto to wake up to any supprises with all those bare wires touching...it can be dangerous if you park your car in your garrage or next to your house.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:00 PM
February 2008 ROTM

I think we all have gone through or are currently going through what you are. It's like that about 90 percent of the time with any older vehicle. You figure at the least, most cars have had at least two other owners before you even get to it. In that time those other owners have cut and hacked their way through the harness for all the new additions or subtractions, and it's sad to say that not all of them care enough to fix it, or they think that they will eventually get back to it. It rarely happens. That's when find out that you got a awesome car that also gives you a pretty little light show at night that you didn't even have to pay extra for. Aren't we lucky?

I could go on about this, it's just one of those things. Good luck you will make it through.

Old 10-28-2007, 03:07 PM
2nd Gear member

The battery is showing 11.5 charge (out of 13 if I'm right) so that looks ok.
If the car is running it should be showing 14.5 volts

Quick Reply: What's NOT wrong w/ our car....